Honored Contributor

Attention: Website people: Putting the date below the authors name on threads

[ Edited ]

I would like  to have the date the author posted the thread on the first page Below their name....BEFORE  you open the thread. I does not seem like a difficult fix. Can it please be done?

Honored Contributor

Re: Attention: Putting the date below the authors name on threads

@SeaMaiden...I have been hoping for a long time that they would add that feature.....

Trusted Contributor

I know I've accidentally posted to an OLD thread before I caught the date. This would be helpful

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would like  to have the date the author posted the thread on the first page Below their name....BEFORE  you open the thread. I does not seem like a difficult fix. Can it please be done?

So would I.  Some  have  requested this before and people insisted it was there. Well, I never see a date posted next to the first post. I don't understand how some others do.

Respected Contributor

Yes, please add the date the post originated above the author's name on the page with all the thread titles. There is room. 

This is at least the 4th thread I have seen asking for this feature which was lost when the conversion to the present forum was made. Opening really old threads and not realizing it is annoying. Maybe this version does not allow this feature, just like the ignore button.

Respected Contributor

Many of us, including me, have been asking for that date info for over one year.

QVC, if you can't do it, just let us know so we don't continue asking, asking and asking.  It does seem like an easy thing to do.

Trusted Contributor

For the life of me I cannot figure out what date you are talking about.  Each post that has been made on this one we are in has the date and time of each post that each and everyone of you have posted.

I would rather HOW LONG AGO the post was made.  Like for instance, it shows @Big Sister 11:53PM.  It is not even 11:00 here.  So how many 11:53 PMs was the post put in?  One time zone or Two time zones ago?   This is just a silly thought I have every once in a while.------ted

Trusted Contributor

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I see I am writing this at two o'clock in the morning!!  I'm tired!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear   The date we are taking about would be on the first page BEFORE OPENING THE THREAD.... Under the Authors name. That way whenever the thread is brought back up... you could see the date the thread had started... Otherwise old threads from years or months ago are brought up from the graveyard and until you open it , you do not know when it had  started from. 

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear yes the dates appear when you open the thread to read the posts. The page that needs the date is the one under the forum category that has the threads listed by thread title; the page you look at to see all the threads and choose one to open. You can see the author's name but no date for its origin.