Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

And, @dooBdoo, the thread wasn't created to be about deletion complaints at all - I stated that upfront - and that "inappropriate" covers *everything*, actually, in a nutshell. They get to say what they feel is inappropriate and that's very valid. My comment (as I've seen other threads about in the past) was essentially that it might be nicer, better, less odd-sounding or whatever, if they just said inappropriate as opposed to using a word or phrase that clearly didn't fit the situation. As you know, I'm not the first person to comment on that and I'm sure I won't be the last. I don't think a single person in this thread except one or two has taken any of it seriously.

I kinda wish you hadn't included the housebound thing, because now posters will be subjected to cracks about that ;-( (just joking - kinda). It'll become the new "You're just jealous!" of the forums. 

For the record (not directed at you, dooB), I'm not housebound and can go out as I choose (had a great Victorian tea on Sunday, planning to go out for some wildlife photography as soon as we're done with current rain) but due to health issues I've had since early December, I often choose to stay home and be online. Nothing serious and won't last forever, but putting a crimp in my gallivanting currently. 

Aw, @Moonchilde, I'm sorry you're having a "crimp in your gallivanting" right now.    (Love that phrase!   One of my relatives calls it a "hitch in my giddy-up!")    I never mention the personal connections to the forums as a pejorative -- not at all.   What I think is important is to remind everyone that not all of us have the same options regarding the "get a real life" dismissive comments we see sometimes (not to say @libbyannE meant to be dismissive, by the way).   If anyone thinks it's joke-worthy to mock or insult those who aren't as mobile as others...  yikes.    Hope they think twice before going down that road.    Also, I wanted to stress that some people -- even if they can and do get out and about -- have personal connections here, and that's a good thing.

I agree about the reasons given for removing or closing threads/posts.   I think the PTB could have thought more carefully before they decided to start providing reasons, and I also think it would help for the moderators to be more consistent.    It's helpful to know why the decisions are made, and in the long run "when we know better we do better."   (And if we posters "do better," the moderators' job is at least a wee bit easier.)

@dooBdoo@Moonchilde

Well out. No, I did not mean it that way but my phrasing left a lot to be desired. I'm sorry about that. Truly.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I do have a question.  is the Melania who posted on this thread THE Melania?

GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Been there too. A couple of my shoe posts I mention where I bought the shoes or the website/s that I was looking at those shoes to purchase and poof goes the thread. I was accused of linking to their sites because I mentioned them.

Ironic as QVC used to carry one of the brands I mention but no longer does.

The other brand is one that is sold on the southern channel, the brand is named after a shoe magnate that died last year and his brand only appears on QVC during FFANY shoes on sale.

Honored Contributor

Good grief.  Who cares why a post or thread was deleted.  It's a highly restricted forum that Q babysits.  It's Q's private website.  Q has the right to do anything they want on this board and they don't owe anyone a reason.   I've had very few posts deleted by mods.  I never gave it a second thought or worried about the reasons. It is what it is.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.  Let it go.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Been there too. A couple of my shoe posts I mention where I bought the shoes or the website/s that I was looking at those shoes to purchase and poof goes the thread. I was accused of linking to their sites because I mentioned them.

Ironic as QVC used to carry one of the brands I mention but no longer does.

The other brand is one that is sold on the southern channel, the brand is named after a shoe magnate that died last year and his brand only appears on QVC during FFANY shoes on sale.

Yep. But again, someone is allowed to start weekly posts about upcoming HSN shows complete with photos of everything that will be offered.  It makes no sense to me but I guess it doesn't have to.

My thinking is, if I don't like it, I can move on.

Esteemed Contributor

The forum belongs to QVC. They really don't owe anyone an explanation.  There are lots of other places to post.  

Valued Contributor

What ever happened to free speach????

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

What ever happened to free speach????

As has been explained here about a million times, QVC is not the government. It is a private corporation and there is no right of free speech on a privately owned forum.  

Valued Contributor

Depends upon your definition of argumentative. There are those who just say: I'm telling it like it is, or I wasn't being argumentative....and there is probably a good reason the moderators delete these threads. I think most posters know when they are crossing the line....but do it anyway.