Honored Contributor

I understand that moderators can poof a thread at their individual discretion - I'm not complaining about that or disputing that. It is what it is.

But it does sort of invalidate the rationale a bit when the reason given didn't happen. Case in point - a reason given as "argumentative" when the thread was not at all argumentative, i.e. there weren't any actually hostile posts between posters or serious or rude disagreements between posters.  "Inappropriate"? Okay, that's strictly at the discretion of the moderator and again, it is what it is. No point in disputing that sort of judgment call. But maybe reserve "argumentative" as a reason for those threads that actually are argumentative, and try not to use it for a reason when no part of the thread was argumentative (heated words between individual posters who forcefully and oftentimes rudely disagree is my personal definition). Just a thought.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Just from seeing the many posts that are deleted in threads, it appears that the moderators just delete everything that anyone reports as inappropriate and it often seems like it is someone who just wants certain posters' posts removed regardless if there is a real reason!! The other posts that are obviously inappropriate or unkind are just left up because no one reports them.  It doesn't  appear that the moderators even look and see that what is posted is something that should be deleted or not.  

Respected Contributor

My favorite reason given by the moderators for deleting a post on occasion is "because."  I guess they just run out of reasons.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

My favorite reason given by the moderators for deleting a post on occasion is "because."  I guess they just run out of reasons.

LOL, I have seen that. Another goodie is "unnecessary." 80% of all posts on all QVC forums are, strictly speaking, "unnecessary." Unless one has a CS order issue, a question about a product, or a request re a product, nothing else is "necessary."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Because???  Mom must be moderating these boards.Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

LOL, I have seen that. Another goodie is "unnecessary." 80% of all posts on all QVC forums are, strictly speaking, "unnecessary." Unless one has a CS order issue, a question about a product, or a request re a product, nothing else is "necessary."

I just looked and a forum I was on is half gone?   It is getting old.  Makes me not want to post anymore. No one was arguing and no reasn was even given.  I guess we are not allowed to have fun on here. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Just from seeing the many posts that are deleted in threads, it appears that the moderators just delete everything that anyone reports as inappropriate and it often seems like it is someone who just wants certain posters' posts removed regardless if there is a real reason!! The other posts that are obviously inappropriate or unkind are just left up because no one reports them.  It doesn't  appear that the moderators even look and see that what is posted is something that should be deleted or not.  

I have said this many times and I get shot down and chastised every time. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I don't understand when a thread is removed completely with no reason given. Why not just stop the commenting? Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

Good points, all.

I'm afraid you are commenting to deaf ears.

There are other websites, that let discussions go on, so all can speak their minds.  None are combative, funny how that works.

Super Contributor

It seems that there will be many posts and maybe one or two are a bit snarky but there are many posts after those. Then when the posts all seem to be non argumentative, the thread gets poofed. Why not just poof the one or two but not the entire thread? Surely not all OP are being argumentative.  IMHO, I think a shift change occurs and a new mod comes on who decides to get rid of all the posts. Wondering why.  Perhaps there is something about the posts that the mod doesn't really feel "comfortable" with. Not sure why the reason is argumentative when the posters are agreeing with each other. Troubling!