Valued Contributor

There are some hosts that each of us have a preference for,and some we prefer not to watch.My suggestion,and I am serious,is when you show the daily program listings of each show...put the hosts name beside the listing.I think it would change many things.You could then find out who is most beneficial to QVC and who does not get a good audience.I feel I would watch more,therefore,purchase more,also I believe it would create better hosts!!

Respected Contributor

I find that unfair.  People shop for items, not host preference.  There are others that don't watch at all and still shop.  It's not a fair measurement.

Esteemed Contributor

I would think by now we would know which host presents what within reason.  I think it is the product type that determines the host.  I doubt David would sell clothes for example.  

I don't watch anymore and am not familiar with the present group.  I tune in to find a product so I look for categories being presented, mostly electronics.  Stores these days usually just have cashiers and no one around to explain anything.  Questions directed at them is an honest, I REALLY DON'T KNOW.  Actually we are losing brick and mortar so fast that the Internet is the THING to buy.  Sad I know.  

Honored Contributor

I like the way HSN lists the show host names and the guest names on their on-line program guide.  I wish QVC would do that also.

Honored Contributor

There was a short period of time many moons ago when they did this on the "on screen" program guide that they show between programs.  (Pre dot com.)

It didn't last long.  I think it gives people a reason to not tune in.  If you don't know who is hosting and you tune in, you may just stick with the show even if you don't like the host.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

There was a short period of time many moons ago when they did this on the "on screen" program guide that they show between programs.  (Pre dot com.)

It didn't last long.  I think it gives people a reason to not tune in.  If you don't know who is hosting and you tune in, you may just stick with the show even if you don't like the host.

I remember that.  And if I remember correctly, there was a period that many of the hosts were not able to be on the particular show they were scheduled for (illnesses, weather problems, etc), and the customers went nuts wondering what had happened to them. I remember often that one host would have to explain during the show why she/he was there instead of the host that was scheduled.  As you say, that didn't last long.

QVC Customer Care

@mosky

Thank you and will certainly pass on your feedback...thanks for watching!

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

I don't need the hosts' schedule (which will create problems if there are changes).  I tune in for the product if I can.  If not, I watch the video online.

Esteemed Contributor

@mosky wrote:

There are some hosts that each of us have a preference for,and some we prefer not to watch.My suggestion,and I am serious,is when you show the daily program listings of each show...put the hosts name beside the listing.I think it would change many things.You could then find out who is most beneficial to QVC and who does not get a good audience.I feel I would watch more,therefore,purchase more,also I believe it would create better hosts!!

They already have this information through sales volume.

Frankly, I don't think Q would care if there was only one viewer as long as sales weren't affected.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@makena If I see a product show I might be intersted in & a hosts name there, That I don't care for, I will NOT watch. I will check "Items recently on air". There are SEVERAL hosts, I will NOT watch no matter what they are showing.

HOW would it be "not fair"?