Respected Contributor

A Sale Idea for QVC to Consider.

I don't know if QVC would want to do this, but perhaps try doing BOGO (buy one, get one free) sales. QVC probably has never done this before, but it might be a great way to bring in more sales. Since it's a new idea for QVC, perhaps start with little things. Just an idea.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Re: A Sale Idea for QVC to Consider.

I don't think QVC is interested in SALES. Otherwise, they'd knock so-called clearance prices down the way other retailers do.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC will NEVER gives the consumer any type of deal or coupon or  BOGO. HSN is so great at offering deals.. in the long run QVC loses out as  the consumer will return more often when they feel they get great deals. All QVC offers is no real clearance clearance and easy pay which is just a joke. 

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

I don't know if QVC would want to do this, but perhaps try doing BOGO (buy one, get one free) sales. QVC probably has never done this before, but it might be a great way to bring in more sales. Since it's a new idea for QVC, perhaps start with little things. Just an idea.

Respected Contributor

I'm trying to think of something on QVC that I would want two.  Nothing is coming to mind.  m1701.gif

Honored Contributor

As good as HSN's sales are, not sure I ever saw a buy-one, get one free deal from them.  Would be nice, but I won't hold my breath waiting for special deals that area really special coming from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

As good as HSN's sales are, not sure I ever saw a buy-one, get one free deal from them.  Would be nice, but I won't hold my breath waiting for special deals that area really special coming from the Q.

They don't label them BOGO sales, but QVC often sell beauty duos or sets where you are getting one item for free or at a big discount. Same with the beauty TSVs, which are very generous. Most of my purchases on QVC are beauty related because that's where I find the best deals.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I don't think QVC is interested in SALES. Otherwise, they'd knock so-called clearance prices down the way other retailers do.

Isn't that the truth... They'd also mark their 'as-is' stock down further and they'd not have essentially done away with what used to be somewhat regular features like buy more save more and reduced shipping on multiples ordered of the same item. Let's face it, incentives are not QVC's strong suit. To them, Easy Pay is pretty much the incentive. In fact, lately, they're doing well just to fulfill orders... In the last few weeks alone, I've had a handful of wait list orders cancelled by them that they can't fulfill, and one item ordered as 'in stock' then put on back-order. Seems as though sales to customers might just be taking a back seat to selling air time to that same handful vendors they keep programming and programming and programming.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I agree with this. QVC isn't interested in SALES, QVC is interested in convincing us that EASY PAY is the same thing as a sale. That's why they have flash Easy Pay specials instead of flash sales. That drives me crazy.

Trusted Contributor

From what I saw this morning on the Christmas Shoppe show QVC wants vendors who can supply 17,000 or 4,000 of their product.  Then they can sell that quickly and tell you their down to only 500 in a certain color.  Offering any other kind of deals involves a lot of work on their part.  They seem to want to offer it, sell it quick, and get it out of their hands to the customers as fast as possible.