Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the winners - Andy Murray, Serena Williams, and of course Serena & Venus.  Sadly, it was the Duke of Kent's last year.  Going forward, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, will hand out the trophies.

Honored Contributor

We watched and enjoyed many hours of Wimbledon this year!  My take away is Fed should retire.  It's time.

Honored Contributor

Roger and Serena are both 34 years old - Fed is a month older.  Seems like those two have been around forever.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We watched and enjoyed many hours of Wimbledon this year!  My take away is Fed should retire.  It's time.

Apparently, you didn't see the Quarter Final vs. Cilic.   An athlete plays a flawless Wimbledon and loses in the Semi's and he's ready to retire?   

Perhaps Novak should walk away since he lost so early on in the tournament to an unranked player.

And since Serena was beaten by Garbine at the French Open, gosh she should have retired!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wimbledon 2016

[ Edited ]

@Hot Street wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Apparently, you didn't see the Quarter Final vs. Cilic.   An athlete plays a flawless Wimbledon and loses in the Semi's and he's ready to retire?   

Perhaps Novak should walk away since he lost so early on in the tournament to an unranked player.

And since Serena was beaten by Garbine at the French Open, gosh she should have retired!

Yep.  He's been around forever as someone said, and struggles on the court compared to what he did in the past.  He's had injury after injury, and it is time to step aside gracefully while he is still relevant.  Nothing sadder than a great athlete struggling to stay alive.  It's time for the next generation to get the spotlight.  It would be the gracious and smart thing to do before it becomes painful to watch him.

Yes, I saw him and NO I didn't say Serena.  I don't think she is there yet.  I do think Fed is.