Honored Contributor

Re: Will they cancel the Steelers/Chiefs game?

How could they cancel, the winner of this game will play in next weeks game, I would think if things are really bad, they could possibly play tomorrow night.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will for sure watch this game whenever they play it. My reason being; I like Andy Reid.

I enjoy watching football (only some teams) in my own way.

I like Jon Gruden as an announcer ONLY- NOT as a Coach-- saw his reaction (or lack of) when Chris Simms suffered a ruptured spleen.

Honored Contributor

The fans don't have to attend. If they choose to drive on icy roads it's their decision. The Steelers are already in KC so I see no reason for a postponement.

Super Contributor

I'm in KC. The ice storm is pooping out. It's 36 degrees. The roads are fine. Crappy weather but no ice storm. Weatherman called it again! 

Honored Contributor

@151949

My concern is not the players, they all have lots of protective gear. Now the fans? First off, don't know if your have ever driven on solid ice roads, I have. The danger is to the fans they might go to these games, not the players that are in the game.

We are supposed to get hit by this ice storm any time now. They keep changing the time it will hit. My wife has been on a Pet Sitting job(she stays in their homes) for a week now. The ones she is sitting for had their flight home cancelled, my worry is her not being home.

She is supposed to start another Pet Sitting job tomorrow, but I am hoping she gets home today before the roads become treacherous for any vehicle. They are saying once it hits it will last till Tuesday.

Worry about professional athletes that play high injury risk sports? Never been a pro, but I have been involved in many thousands of games, many with much less protective equipment that pro football players.

I think your worry is misplaced. I wouldn't even go to a hockey game playoff game with the weather predictions for our area, and I am a hockey fan to my core?

Hey! Have the football players have a pair of ice skates handy just in case. Then they will have more respect for professional hockey players.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I just read on my MSN page that the seats are covered in ice...but no mention of moving the date....said people coming out better be prepared to freeze its so cold there...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All you need to do is look up the game online. It was postponed to 7:30pm Sunday night. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in KC not far fromCarlycat wrote:

I'm in KC. The ice storm is pooping out. It's 36 degrees. The roads are fine. Crappy weather but no ice storm. Weatherman called it again! 

later in the afternoon the roads did get better but it never hit 36. It never went above 32  and i watched the news all day. In the morning there was nothing but ice. I could not even get to work for between me and my car was nothing but ice . When it did warm up a bit and I managed to get to my car my car was solid ice. took me forever to get the ice off. We indeed had freezing rain.  Now today we did have freezing rain and plenty of accidents on the roads ( on the news )  but the rain was not nearly as bad as predicted. Yesterday the news showed the stadium parking lot as a solid sheet of ice.