Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Playoffs!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Kudos to the Texans coaching staff. They had a great gameplan to combat Tom Brady. Rotating their pass rushing defensive ends inside to attack Brady up the middle was a very smart strategy and quite effective at throwing him off his game. If the Texans had a competent QB they might have won that game. They just made too many mistakes to win.

So, Atlanta and New England move on and can relax a bit today while the Cowboys/Packers and Steelers/Chiefs battle it out today. (Assuming the weather cooperates in KC.)

Both of these games have potential to be close, hard fought games. I still like KC and Green Bay in those games. I just don't see anyone stopping Aaron Rodgers when he's playing at this level. The Cowboys' pass rush isn't great and unless you get instant pressure on Rodgers and contain him (easier said than done) he's apt to kill you.

Andy Reid is nearly unbeatable when given an extra week to prepare and the Chiefs have some good weapons. The Steelers are a good team with Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell balancing the offense. This could be the best game of the week.

@teganslaw

So what's this rumor that Peyton may be offered a front office job with the Colts?

@gardenman

In the NFC game the Falcons were impressive, and in the AFC game the Texans tried.....but their QB did them in....I loved the way they put pressure on Brady...but you can't make mistakes/turnovers and expect to win against the Pats in Foxboro......

Two good games today and I just hope weather will not be a major factor in the KC/Steeler game.......

BTW did you watch the pre-game on ESPN where they said that the NFL may move the playoff game to prime time evenings permanently for the future and we may never see another 1:00 PM playoff starting time again---sure NFL moving the KC game was strictly for "fan safety"....yeah right....Download rolleyes 10

In other news Sean McVay chose Joe Barry as his DC .......good luck with that....

The Redskins will have their eyes on some free agents in the playoffs.....and it was quoted that they have a substantial amount of cap space even after they pay Cousins....Only 6 teams have more cap space....

The Redskins had $15 million in cap space that they did not use in 2016. Since the 2011 CBA, teams have been allowed to roll unspent cap dollars into the next year. Add that to the $168 million cap and you get a team cap of just under $182 million (numbers may not add exactly due to rounding). Take that and subtract the $120 million in expenditures from above and you have the Redskins with $62 million in cap space.

Only six teams have more cap space than that. The Redskins, like most other teams, can create more cap space by releasing some veteran players whose contract values outstrip their values on the field .save nearly $11 million, bringing their available cap space to $73 million.

www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-go-2017-ample-salary-cap-space.

This is a pretty cool site for those interested in seeing what money each NFL teams have you can even see a player breakdown per team...

http://overthecap.com/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, ice is just brutal. They've got a pair of reporters in the KC parking lot on NFL channel and it's all ice. The worst overall storm we had here was probably 25 years ago when we had more than a foot of snow, followed by heavy freezing rain that then penetrated the snow, then bitter cold came in afterwards freezing everything solid.

I went out at six in the morning to clear the driveway and it was six at night before I finally had it done. The air temp was in the single digits and the wind was howling for a brutal wind chill. You couldn't shovel this storm. After multiple tries with a variety of approaches, the best option was a garden spade to slice through the frozen stuff and then lever it up and toss it aside. It was like making an igloo. When everything was finally cleared I started the car to move it only to find that it was being held up by snow/ice that had blown under it. I had to lie on the ground and chisel out the stuff under the car to free it up. I'd move if we got a lot of storms like that.

@gardenman

Wow that was a whomper of an ice storm!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

first game on my wishlist is complete and a success!

i will say that this texans/patriots game is exciting to watch. hope my second wishlist game is a success also. lol

@sunshine45

Hey SUNSHINE did you see this what Ray Lewis said about Brady's complaining to the refs---LOL

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4799814/ray-lewis-to-tom-brady-its-called-fo...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

first game on my wishlist is complete and a success!

i will say that this texans/patriots game is exciting to watch. hope my second wishlist game is a success also. lol

@sunshine45

Hey SUNSHINE did you see this what Ray Lewis said about Brady's complaining to the refs---LOL

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4799814/ray-lewis-to-tom-brady-its-called-fo...

i saw it and i laughed.......this is one of the reasons why he is nicknamed "cry brady."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt The Jon Gruden/Peyton Manning combo is kind of a big story right now. Apparently the Colts ownership wanted Gruden as Head Coach and Peyton as GM. Both said, "Thanks, but no." 

It's not exactly a vote of confidence for the current head coach and GM. I'm thinking the Colts and Saints both may have a hard time signing free agents this off season. Both teams have made it clear they don't particularly like their coaching staff and that's not a situation a lot of veteran players want to find themselves in. You need everyone in the organization pulling in the same direction to win in the NFL. Those two teams clearly do not have that.

A quick correction for you. The Rams signed Joe Barry as their linebacker coach, but Wade Phillips as their defensive coordinator. 

The Redskins have a lot of salary cap room, but they'll need it. They'll need about $25 million of it for Cousins. Then they've got to resign at least one of their wide receivers, likely Garcon. That will likely eat another ten million of it. That cap room will start to disappear pretty quickly. They also have to look to the future and know that if they have to tag Cousins again next year they'll need $35 million for him alone, so they'll likely want to save some of the leftover from this year in case they have to do that again. 

A whole lot of the guys who are listed as free agents now will likely be tagged before they're done and then you've got a team like the Browns with $110 million in cap space who can afford to overpay for a guy, so landing a choice free agent can be challenging.

Watching the Cowboys and Tony Romo work out his salary and the salary cap hit will be interesting. His current contract has $20 million in dead money if he gets cut, so that's an issue for the Cowboys. His cap hit is almost $25 million in 2017, so they've got to figure out a way around his contract situation and they've got to figure it out pretty quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

WOW!!!!! Now that was a good football game!!! Very, very entertaining. Aaron Rodgers sagged a bit in the second half, but came on strong in the fourth quarter.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's currently raining here in Dallas.

"EVEN GOD IS CRYING!"

Really....all my sports radio guys have been saying all this week,

'No matter what the score, we won this year.'

It has been such a wonderful year for Dak & Zeke.

Like playing with house money.

The ride has been fun!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt The Jon Gruden/Peyton Manning combo is kind of a big story right now. Apparently the Colts ownership wanted Gruden as Head Coach and Peyton as GM. Both said, "Thanks, but no." 

It's not exactly a vote of confidence for the current head coach and GM. I'm thinking the Colts and Saints both may have a hard time signing free agents this off season. Both teams have made it clear they don't particularly like their coaching staff and that's not a situation a lot of veteran players want to find themselves in. You need everyone in the organization pulling in the same direction to win in the NFL. Those two teams clearly do not have that.

A quick correction for you. The Rams signed Joe Barry as their linebacker coach, but Wade Phillips as their defensive coordinator. 

The Redskins have a lot of salary cap room, but they'll need it. They'll need about $25 million of it for Cousins. Then they've got to resign at least one of their wide receivers, likely Garcon. That will likely eat another ten million of it. That cap room will start to disappear pretty quickly. They also have to look to the future and know that if they have to tag Cousins again next year they'll need $35 million for him alone, so they'll likely want to save some of the leftover from this year in case they have to do that again. 

A whole lot of the guys who are listed as free agents now will likely be tagged before they're done and then you've got a team like the Browns with $110 million in cap space who can afford to overpay for a guy, so landing a choice free agent can be challenging.

Watching the Cowboys and Tony Romo work out his salary and the salary cap hit will be interesting. His current contract has $20 million in dead money if he gets cut, so that's an issue for the Cowboys. His cap hit is almost $25 million in 2017, so they've got to figure out a way around his contract situation and they've got to figure it out pretty quickly.

@gardenman

Thanks for setting the record straight....I did make a mistake----you are right Wade is the DC and Joe Barry is just the LB coach....of the Rams...

Wow-Cowboys/Packers some game----!!!!  Onward to Chiefs/Steelers!

Honored Contributor

best game of the playoffs so far.......and the chiefs/steelers game is pretty darn close to being the same.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

IGO YINZ STEELERS.