Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I have no idea what to expect in the Tampa game tomorrow. Winston is on a roll, and how will they stop Doug Martin? I really don't know much about Tampa's defense. Moncrief has been doing well, and Hasselbeck knows Lovie Smith's coaching from past games. The game is televised in my area, so I'll be watching.

I hate to see any player injured, and this year has been extremely tough on almost all teams. The playoff picture will be wide open.

The Texans shouldn't have much trouble against New Orleans. The Saints'  defense isn't very good, and they have to try and stop Hopkins, not an easy thing to do. This might come down to the Texans and Colts for the division.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

We get the Giants/Redskins game first today. I find myself forced to pulling for the Redskins so we only stay one game behind the Giants. 

I'm hoping this mini-bye with the Thanksgiving game gets the Eagles players refocused and playing football again. They've largely rolled over and played dead the last two weeks. With a game against the Patriots next Sunday, rolling over and playing dead could see a really embarrassing outcome. The good news is the Patriots will have a short week to prepare coming off a Sunday night game in Denver. An upset win next Sunday would likely do wonders for this team. Our final game of the year is against the Giants and it would nice to have that game mean something.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Alfred Morris of the Redskins is an interesting running back. A couple of times in the first half he's gotten to the hole and there's been no defender there, but he stops for a beat, almost to let the defenders catch up, then goes through the hole. I'm not sure why he's doing that, but it seems to work for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Nice win by the Colts. Hasselbeck carried that team; he got some good protection and made throws when needed. The Colts didn't have much of a rushing game, but the defense stepped up. Winston was sacked several times, and was forced into some bad decisions. The Bucs also had penalties, which hurt them. Buc's kicker,  Barth, missed a field goal and an extra point. That was his first miss all season long.

SPURT, Redskins are in first place in the NFC East! This division will be going down to the final games. As well as the AFC South, with the Colts and Texans tied for first.

Next week Indy faces Pittsburgh. That will be a real test.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Things got a little hairy at the end of the Redskins' game when the Giants rallied, but the Redskins held on. That keeps the Eagles just one game back. Maybe that will light a fire under the Eagles and get them back playing hard.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Jerry Jones has reported that Romo has a hairline fracture and will be out for the season.  Was afraid the break could be worse, but also figured he would be out the rest of the year.  Certainly hope they don't try to get Manziel.  We may not win another game all year as we didn't win any with the other 2 backups.  Oh well, maybe we can get a high draft pick.  For a season that started out with such high hopes (Super Bowl anyone?)  it's all come crashing down.  That's what injuries can do to a team.  Good luck to everyone else's team. 

@soonersis wrote:

Jerry Jones has reported that Romo has a hairline fracture and will be out for the season.  Was afraid the break could be worse, but also figured he would be out the rest of the year.  Certainly hope they don't try to get Manziel.  We may not win another game all year as we didn't win any with the other 2 backups.  Oh well, maybe we can get a high draft pick.  For a season that started out with such high hopes (Super Bowl anyone?)  it's all come crashing down.  That's what injuries can do to a team.  Good luck to everyone else's team. 

I know where to get a good quarterback!  He's sitting on the bench right now in the nation's capital!

Honored Contributor

The RG III story this off season will be one of the more interesting things to watch. He's enormously talented. Do the Redskins try to resurrect him once more? Do they unload him in a trade? Do they just cut him free? Do they keep him and force him to play a different position? (Reportedly they've used him as a safety in practice.) They've invested a ton in the guy, now what do they do with him?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

They gotta get rid of Bobby Mach3.  He's damaged goods and his ego is the size of the globe.  He's a lousy fit in an NFL scheme - that "wildcat" baloney was a flash in the pan.  Cousins showed some brilliance yesterday, letting the play flesh out and then throwing to a (now) open receiver - those routes to Jackson were a thing of joy.  Morris has stuttered this year after a break out season last year - an unknown who became known as a weapon; hopefully they've ironed out the rhythm of the play calling in order to use him effectively.

Go 'Skins!  (Ha ha Patriots!)

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if the Patriots' loss last night was a good thing or a bad thing for the Eagles who play them on Sunday. It's good in that we know they're beatable. It's bad in that Brady and Belichick will be riding them hard to stop the streak. It could be good if Gronkowski is out this week with a bad knee. It could be bad if an unknown backup, like Dion Lewis emerges to take his place and excels.

The Eagles reportedly are using the mini-bye from Thanksgiving to tweak both the offense and the defense, so we'll have to see how that works. I've got the feeling this is the biggest game of the year for the Eagles. A win puts them right back in the thick of things. A loss may not kill them, but it certainly doesn't help.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The RG III story this off season will be one of the more interesting things to watch. He's enormously talented. Do the Redskins try to resurrect him once more? Do they unload him in a trade? Do they just cut him free? Do they keep him and force him to play a different position? (Reportedly they've used him as a safety in practice.) They've invested a ton in the guy, now what do they do with him?

I think they'll see who they can get for him.  He's not going to be playing quarterback for the "Skins" anymore.  And, he's really an expensive bench warmer!  My guess is that he'll go somewhere else and become his old self again.  Whoever gets him will be lucky!!