Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And my Chiefs had a good game last night against the Broncos. Seeing Dontari Poe -- all 365 lbs of him -- deftly throw a forward pass for a touchdown made everyone smile (even some of the Broncos players were in awe). We've got a playoff berth sewed up, now to secure our place in the standings....On to San Diego to wrap up the season!!!

Being a sports fan is so much fun -- my car has decals, headrest covers, license plate frame of my Chiefs and Royals. Sports, especially football, is a conversation starter with complete strangers and it always ends well even if you're on opposing teams. The other day I was at the pharmacy, wearing my Chiefs shirt, and the technician was a Raiders fan. We struck up a conversation that segued into baseball talk and by the time my prescriptions were ready I had made a new acquaintance for future sports chat. Same thing happened at the donut shop -- the clerk was a Broncos fan and we had a good natured ribbing of each other.

Proud of the red and gold today!

Honored Contributor

Oops! It turns out Tampa's path to the playoffs is a bit more complicated than I'd thought. Roughly a million things have to go exactly right for them to sneak into the playoffs. One of the things involves two teams playing to a tie, so the odds of the Bucs making the playoffs are extremely remote.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

A great game for the Cowboys in a game they didn't need to win but certainly WANTED to win.  Defense came alive in the second half and shut down the Lion's offense.  Dez Bryant had 2 touchdown receptions, but my favorite part of the game is when he threw, yes I said Dez THREW for a touchdown to Jason Witten.  His first throw in a game ever. 

Cowboys 42, Lions 21

Esteemed Contributor

The Detroit-Green Bay game should be interesting: winner takes the NFC North, other team is eliminated, depending on Washington. If Redskins win, they're automatically in the playoffs. No wonder why the NFL moved Detroit-Green Bay to primetime.

Atlanta is playing for first round bye and top seeding. Oakland-Kansas City, for the AFC West.

Indy will playing all their starters, as will Jacksonville. The game means nothing, but it would be nice to go out with a win since Jacksonville already beat the Colts. Wouldn't want to lose to them twice.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Bills have fired both Rex and Rob Ryan, so that now makes three head coaching vacancies with more likely to come.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i am quite sure all of you know how i have been feeling the past few days.......

it was a close one, but we came up short unfortunately. we were all eating our christmas feast and screaming at the television at the same time.

we controlled our own destiny and we didnt make it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/501993/crying_raven_medium.jpg

i do know two teams i will NOT be rooting for......the steelers and the patriots. LOL

i am so sorry that the raiders lost their quarterback this late in the season.....i have been hoping that they do well in the post season and get to the superbowl.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein