Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

DeSean got along okay with his teammates in Philly. It was more of an issue with the coaches. DeSean was a Michael Vick backer and sulked a bit when he left. He wasn't a believer in having his sleep monitored or getting the rest Chip felt the players needed. There was just a bit too much of DeSean not buying into Chip's way of doing things.

Now DeSean apparently got along very well with Doug Pederson when he was the Eagle's QB coach. He apparently wants to come back. We could see Andy Reid make a play for DeSean also. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Cowboys make a play for him also. He's always been a Cowboy killer, so they could like the idea of putting him opposite Dez Bryant. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

even though we are officially out, i expect the ravens to play their hearts out for a win for STEVE SMITH SR. he said that he was probably playing his last game......does that mean he MIGHT change his mind? LOL, part of me is hoping he will go for one more season. he has a lot of heart and a lot of guts......a nice addition to our team.

it will be nice to end the season on a high note, especially since last weeks game was such a heartbreaker.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Robert Mathis will retire after Sunday. He leads the Colts' franchise in forced fumbles and sacks. One of the best pass rushers in the NFL, he will be missed. I hope that the Colts can win and go out on a high note.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Colts will have some serious holes to fill this off season. They're going to need a good one. The Texans are really good and likely to get a better quarterback. The Jags have a ton of talent. Tennessee is getting pretty good. That could be a four team scramble next year and I'm not sure Indy wouldn't come in third now, and possibly fourth. They're going to need to find ten to twelve good players this off season and finding five or six is a challenge.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

A lot of the "experts" are expecting the Giants to rest most of their starters against the Redskins. I'm not so sure of that. I have a hard time believing an NFC East team will just roll over and let another NFC East team into the playoffs if they could knock them out. If the Giants fall way behind or go way ahead then I could see the Giants pulling their starters, but I don't see them pulling them otherwise. It's a bit of  a nightmare for a team to let a team into the playoffs and then get beaten by them. You're better off knocking them out when you get the chance.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And it's gameday! I start out locally today with the Eagles/Cowboys. It'll be interesting to see what Dallas does. Supposedly we'll see all three Cowboy quarterbacks today. The nightmare, worst case scenario for Cowboy fans would be Dak starting, getting inujured early, getting replaced by Romo who also gets injured, and being left with Mark Sanchez to take them into the playoffs. I'm not sure why they're playing Dak at all, but given how well the Eagles pressured him in the last game, I might be a bit hesitant about leaving him in for long. I sure wouldn't put Tony Romo on the field. I just don't see an upside to playing him.

After that we move on to the Redskins/Giants. A lot of the "experts" are saying the Giants will pull their starters early. I'm not so sure about that. If they pull their starters they're pretty much handing a playoff spot to the Redskins and could, likely would face them again in the playoffs. I'd be more than a bit nervous about that. Unless I was way ahead or way behind, I'd keep the starters in and try to beat the Redskins if I was the Giants. The NY media will absolutely kill the Giants if they let the Redskins into the playoffs and then get beaten by them later.If you can beat them now, beat them now. Play the starters and consider this your first playoff game.

And finally we have the Lions/Packers tonight. Either both teams will be in the playoffs (if the Redskins lose to the Giants) or the loser will be eliminated if the Redskins win earlier. That should be a pretty intense game either way. It looks like a pretty good day of football watching is coming up. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Lots of coaching news breaking. Chip Kelly is reportedly out in San Francisco. Gary Kubiak and Bruce Arians may be retiring for health reasons. Tomorrow's "black Monday" when coaches typically get fired, so a few more names could be added then.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Pierre Garcon was always involved in different charities when he was with the Colts, and he got along with the other players. I think that he would have done well with Andrew Luck, but, as the saying goes, Washington gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. 

I thought that DeSean Jackson didn't get along with his teammates in Philadelphia. Wasn't there some dissension in the locker room? Or maybe he just ddin't like the way Chip Kelly ran things.

@teganslaw  @gardenman

TEGAN on behalf of Redskin fans everywhere.....we thank you for Pierre Garcon.....I hope our GM can figure out a way to keep him on the team.....

I was surprised to hear about Chip Kelly being let go in SF.......they didnt give him much time to put togethr his team......I wonder if he will go back to the college ranks??????????

Now Jay Glazer is saying that Bill Obrien with the Texans might be a surprise firing....?????? 

And speaking of which....Savage pulled from today's game with Titans....something about Savage and concussion protocol ...perhaps front office holding Obrien for Osweiler fiasco.....and all that wasted cash...

It's Coach Ax Time on Monday---will be interesting to see what happens....there's a rumor that Redskins might let DC Joe Barry go and hire Paul Guenther Bengals DC......I don't think its all Joe's fault the guy needs some talent to work with.....

And just an aside.....Coach Gruden said TE Jordan Reed looked like a ballerina out there in practic......not sure what exactly what that means--LOL

Image result for cat as ballerina

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If Bill O'Brien gets fired, you might see a team like the Eagles hire him. He was the head coach at Penn State and the Eagles' front office knows him pretty well and reportedly like him a lot. He might be one of those names that could flush Doug Pederson out of his job.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Congratulations @gardenman on your Eagles winning today against the Cowboy's 3rd string quarterback and mostly 2nd tier players.  Ha!  Seriously, it was a nice win for the Eagle team and fans after the season they've had to win their last game at home.  Wentz shows some great potential and could give Dallas fits some day. 

I really didn't care if Dallas won today or not, as long as no one got hurt so thank goodness they didn't.  It was icing on the cake to see Romo in for a series and throw a touchdown pass.  It was the old Romo we knew and so glad for him to have that success and see the smile on his face when he came off the field.

On to the playoffs!