Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt

how about some homemade cream of crab soup?

i also have lots of stuff to make sandwiches.....turkey, corned beef, mortadella, and roast beef.....with all of the fixings to go with them!

i just bought a freshly baked apple pie from a local farm.

Woman Happy

@sunshine45  Sounds GREAT!!!! ......and freshly baked applie pie.....YUM!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

WOW.....what a great finish for the redskins!!!!

a sweet touchdown, two sacks against the eagles, and then the final interception to finish it off!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Not the desired final outcome for the Eagles, but we might have turned a corner in today's game. Early in the third quarter there was a third and seven play where no one was open and Sam Bradford scrambled for the first down. That seemed to flip a switch in him and we saw the preseason version of Sam Bradford most of the game after that. If the Cowboys lose tonight then we'll still just be a game out of first and if Bradford can build on what he did today, there's a good chance we could get back into this thing.

The big problem for the Eagles in this game was attrition. We lost a starting cornerback and linebacker on the first series. A starting offensive lineman and three starting defensive linemen to injuries later in the game. For a while we had two nose tackles and a linebacker as our three defensive linemen. Not surprisingly that allowed the Redskins to start running the ball against the Eagles defense and gave them some momentum.

Kirk Cousins easily played the best game I've ever seen him play and if he can keep playing at that high of a level, the sky's the limit for Washington. He played a heck of a game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Jacksonville handed Indy the win: the Jaguars had 5 penalties in the fourth quarter to give Indy a scoring chance. With the game tied, Myers missed a field goal in the last seconds of the game; Indy called a time out, so he tried the field goal again and missed.

Overtime Myers missed a game winning field goal; Indy got the ball again and Vinatieri got the win for the Colts 16-13. Frank Gore had a fumble in the end zone which almost cost them, but he came through at the last minute. Moncrief had a good game.

Bortles played very well, but the penalties and other mistakes hurt Jacksonville, besides the missed field goals.  If Indy almost lost the game to the Jaguars, how will they do against better teams? I won't think about that right now; I'll just take the win.

Hasselbeck did well enough, much better than he had looked in preseason.

Cousins seems to be the right choice for Washington; that would have been a good game to watch.

What about those Falcons? Have to admit that they helped me get some nice fantasy points this week.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

That whole scenario with the Steelers was weird and the playing decisions....of course I don't like (and that's putting it mildly) the Steeler's backup QB --- just can't forgive what he did!  And I question his sincerity regarding his "apology".....I think it was more he was sorry he got caught---JMHO!  I never had a problem with the Steelers until they brought you know who aboard!

I live here and feel the same way,along with thousands of others. On our first home game, there was a plane flying a banner above Heinz Field saying...Dogs Deserve Better, Send Vick Home. The is a FB page Pittsburghers Against MV with 28,000 members so far.

Honored Contributor

The Falcons and Panthers both are looking good right now. I have a suspicion one of those two will win the south and the other will be a wildcard. Last year Carolina won the South with seven wins, but I'm betting both of those teams will have ten wins this year. Maybe more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

WOW.....what a great finish for the redskins!!!!

a sweet touchdown, two sacks against the eagles, and then the final interception to finish it off!

@sunshine45  I had to watch bits and pieces of the game on Red Zone ...... they showed most of the later portions of the game!!!!  I was on pins and needles----holding my breath----prayers went up..Bradford and the wide receivers started to make plays and our secondary made me very nervous!!!..Capt Kirk did a wonderful job on that last drive and Garcon made those 2 big catches-- I liked the pressure the Redskins defensive front put on Bradford---WHEW!!!! WHAT A GAME!!!!  WE WON!!! WE WON!!!  I can't believe it!!!! Woman Very HappyWoman Very HappyWoman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Not the desired final outcome for the Eagles, but we might have turned a corner in today's game. Early in the third quarter there was a third and seven play where no one was open and Sam Bradford scrambled for the first down. That seemed to flip a switch in him and we saw the preseason version of Sam Bradford most of the game after that. If the Cowboys lose tonight then we'll still just be a game out of first and if Bradford can build on what he did today, there's a good chance we could get back into this thing.

The big problem for the Eagles in this game was attrition. We lost a starting cornerback and linebacker on the first series. A starting offensive lineman and three starting defensive linemen to injuries later in the game. For a while we had two nose tackles and a linebacker as our three defensive linemen. Not surprisingly that allowed the Redskins to start running the ball against the Eagles defense and gave them some momentum.

Kirk Cousins easily played the best game I've ever seen him play and if he can keep playing at that high of a level, the sky's the limit for Washington. He played a heck of a game.

@gardenman  Well GARDENMAN that was some game....down to the wire!!!!  It could have gone either way! When Bradford started to connect with his receivers in the second half I thought the Eagles would take the win.....I was happy to see the Redskins D put pressure on Bradford in the later stages of the game. It's sad, because most of the analyst won't give Kirk Cousins the same consideration as other young QBs.....He is still learning and growing, if he makes one mistake they are on his back, yet other young QBs can make mistakes and nary a word is heard.  And it didn't help Cousins last year our O line was weaker and so was our defense....This year we also beefed up our D line and some young players stepped up on both defense and offense---Our GM hit a home run with RB Matt Jones and WR Crowder....and the inexperiencend guys on the O line (Schereff and Moses) will improve as they gain experience too!!  We still have a ways to go, but with games like this, Cousins will gain confidence and improve and learn.........He may not be an Andrew Luck but if we can just get Cousins to be a good steady QB that will fit the bill!!! 

Well your Eagles have the Saints up next at your home field, while my Redskins have the Falcons---YIKES!!!!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Jacksonville handed Indy the win: the Jaguars had 5 penalties in the fourth quarter to give Indy a scoring chance. With the game tied, Myers missed a field goal in the last seconds of the game; Indy called a time out, so he tried the field goal again and missed.

Overtime Myers missed a game winning field goal; Indy got the ball again and Vinatieri got the win for the Colts 16-13. Frank Gore had a fumble in the end zone which almost cost them, but he came through at the last minute. Moncrief had a good game.

Bortles played very well, but the penalties and other mistakes hurt Jacksonville, besides the missed field goals.  If Indy almost lost the game to the Jaguars, how will they do against better teams? I won't think about that right now; I'll just take the win.

Hasselbeck did well enough, much better than he had looked in preseason.

Cousins seems to be the right choice for Washington; that would have been a good game to watch.

What about those Falcons? Have to admit that they helped me get some nice fantasy points this week.

@teganslaw  Hi TEGAN!!! CONGRATS on your WIN, I thought Hasselbeck did pretty well--- he hasn't started a game in a long while......

Oh yes, the Eagles/Redskins would have been a better game to watch than my sister's Giants......I had to catch bits and pieces of the game on Red Zone why did they switch it....the weather wasn't a problem......

YIKES we get the Falcons next week----they are armed and dangerous!!!!  I bet our secondary is already having nightmares......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to watch reruns of In the Kitchen With David for awhile because the lead had gone away and I couldn't take the sight, but then the end of the 'Skins game was fantastic.  I am a Kirk believer.  Anyone know where to find Spock ears?

The officiating was poor in this game.  I mean, really, really poor.

Bradford did look very hot at times and in fact I thought he was a threat down to the last seconds.

Kind of cool to have that early London game on.  Football at 9:30 AM?  Does that mean I can have a beer?

Go NO!

Cogito ergo sum