Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fifteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!!

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt Some of the PED stuff is a little crazy. Lane's first suspension was for Adderall which has now been shown not to be a PED and is now allowed. This suspension was for peptides which weren't supposed to be in the supplement, and it was a supplement the NFLPA approved of, but he got suspended for using it anyway. He's lost fourteen games and fourteen game checks now and wasn't really trying to cheat or gain an advantage and was trying to follow the rules. He's now sworn off every supplement and drug knowing that the next incident could cost him two full years.

I'd been cautiously optimistic that they would treat this as a first offense since his original first offense turned out not to be a PED and is now legal. The league didn't see it that way.  

@gardenman

Doesn't make sense does it......the NBA seems much more sensible and thus there's a much more harmonious relationship between their players and their owners/league......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45

Don't know if you saw this Saturday AM.....I switched on QVC for a few minutes and saw Dan Hughes presenting an NFL jacket.....he mentioned that Gabrielle Kerr is a Ravens fan and said he is afraid of her.....when it was time for Gabrielle to present a product she said she was surprised that Dan was afraid of her and she confirmed she was a Ravens fan.......

LOL i wish i had seen that @Spurt!

i am not sure where gabrielle is originally from, but her husband is from baltimore.

amy stran is also from baltimore.

@sunshine45

It was funny and Gabrielle was a bit puzzled as to why Dan was afraid of her because of her team...LOL!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Steelers v Bengals.   Yikes.  Go yinz Stillers.

Respected Contributor

Vontaze Burfict is a complete embarrassment to the NFL.

Esteemed Contributor

This wasn't the same Colts team! They dominated the Vikings throughout the game. Luck wasn't sacked once and wasn't pressured. The Colts' defense created interceptions and stopped the Vikings from scoring. Adrian Peterson was back, but was a non-factor.

I could hardly believe that the Colts played this well (I'm not used to them not struggling). After watching them lose to Houston last week, and then playing so well on the road against a Vikings defense, was unreal. This was a nice game to watch, unless one is a Vikings fan.

However, Houston and Tennessee both won close games This does not help Indy's chances for the playoffs. I doubt that they'll make it now.

When the game was over, the station turned to the end of the Jacksonville-Houston game . How in the world did Indy ever lose to Jacksonville? That team is so bad.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Eagles did a pretty good job against the Ravens. We were forced to run the ball a lot due to the weather which may have been a good thing. Doug Pederson's been having Carson Wentz throwing the ball forty or more times a game lately and this may have reminded him that we can run the ball too. All in all it was a pretty good game. We lost another runningback to a bad hamstring that looks pretty serious, but with any luck Darren Sproles will be back in time for Thursday so that will help offset that loss.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

WOW Tegan....I kept seeing the score and thought this is AMAZING!!! and the Vikings even had AD back.....

I can't believe the Texans squeaked out the win.....the Jags had them on the ropes....I know the Texans switched QBs didnt know if it was coaches decision or injury but it seemed to help......but looks like even if the Texans get in the playoffs they won't be in them for long---SHEESH!!!

@gardenman

Hard fought game and the Eagles almost pulled out the win!!! 

And how about those Titans!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt That Tennessee offense will give a lot of teams trouble. DeMarco Murray is running like a man possessed again. Mariota is playing quarterback at a high level and can run if no one's open. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tennessee go a few rounds in the playoffs.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

we were lucky to win that game. the eagles played pretty well.....i cannot say i was impressed with the ravens game, especially during the last quarter.

one thing i didnt understand......why did the eagles go for the two instead of making a field goal and sending the game into overtime?

it was pretty windy here today......started out VERY mild and then got quite chilly. crazy weather we have had this weekend.

it was a pretty good game to watch overall if you arent a fan of either the eagles or the ravens.

it will be a tough one on christmas day......steelers/ravens......it will be a must win for us to get into a tie again with the steelers. it is going to come down to the wire.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

To the surprise of no one, Gus Bradley was fired by the Jaguars today. In four seasons his record is so bad that in order for Bill Belichick to match Bradley's winning percentage the Patriots would have to go 0-16 for 41 seasons in a row. Gus Bradley was loved by his players in Seattle, but the Jags never bought into what he was selling. He'll likely be a defensive coordinator again next year.

@sunshine45 The Eagles went for two to try and win outright. Given the crazy swirling wind and the Eagles kicking into the wind, it wasn't a bad call. Our new long snapper wasn't horrible today, but the ball was a tick slow on the way back and that makes it easier to block the kick. You want that ball going back quickly and his snaps sort of float back. You're apt to see an Eagles kick or two blocked in the next two weeks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!