Honored Contributor

Great to see the improvements to the grounds, especially the roof over Ashe.  Happy that Rafa had a fairly easy match today, Vamos Rafa!

Honored Contributor

It's not the same without Roger!  And I think Serena will have a tough time.  Go Serena!!!  And Venus!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Great to see the improvements to the grounds, especially the roof over Ashe.  Happy that Rafa had a fairly easy match today, Vamos Rafa!

Love Rafa...feel so bad he hasn't  been doing so well lately....miss Roger (my favorite)....and will also hope that Wawrinka does well!!  Would be great if Rafa could win it though!!

Respected Contributor

It is always nice to see the US Open begin....especially those great night matches.

The new digs for the Open look great!  They did quite a job with the roof.

It was good see Rafa back from injury.  He adds so much to the game.  I am sorry Roger will not be around.  He is getting older and you have to wonder if he can ever win another major.

I loved watching the John Isner-Frances Tiafoe match that went to a tie break in the 5th.  Frances is from my area and we have been watching him develop over the years.  He was outstanding and had every chance of possibly winning that match.  He, hopefully, will be a major player for the US in the future.  

A big "hello" to my tennis bud, Deep.  It is good to see you again.  I hope you are well and enjoying tennis and Nascar! Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha  Hi Mersha, Was hoping you would post here.  Agree that Frances Tiafoe is soon a force to be reckoned with at the majors.  The Sock-Fritz match was also entertaining.  Great to see the USA has some up-and-coming tennis talent again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger retire at one of the majors next year, maybe Wimbledon?  What he has added to the sport is immeasurable, and he will continue to be one of the great ambassadors of tennis.  Of course my dream final would be Rafa vs. Djoker or Murray, but I think Rafa's stamina over many matches may still be in question.

Still enjoying NASCAR, but sure am glad to have my US tennis back for a couple of weeks.  Post with you later, DEEP.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to go against popular opinion, but I like Novak Djokovic. 

He has a great sense of humor. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Rafa fan either.  He has too many "ticks" touching various parts of his body before every play.  Makes me crazy!!!  I'm actualy rooting for Del Potro whom I have missed these past years.  Happy he's back and hope he wins!

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

I'm not a Rafa fan either.  He has too many "ticks" touching various parts of his body before every play.  Makes me crazy!!!  I'm actualy rooting for Del Potro whom I have missed these past years.  Happy he's back and hope he wins!

I really like DelPo too!  He covers so much court area with that lanky body.  And appears to have a great attitude and work ethic.  Gotta' love his determination to return to the game after so many physical problems.  I would love to see him do well at the Open this year. 

Djoker seemed to be 'down' in his match with Janowitz last night, maybe just getting back into the tournament routine after his time off.  But he was still able to pull out the win.  Hope all the players stay healthy and fit.

Respected Contributor

I, too, am a big DelPo fan.  If memory serves, he won the Open a few years back.  He is always a threat with that huge forehand.  It is good to see him back in the game.

It is good see Rafa back...he has always been a favorite of mine.  Ha, his little consistent "moves, touches and pulls" has always driven me nuts.  He has to do them every time in the same order or can't hit the ball.

I have never been a Novak fan.  I think it is because when he started on the tour, he seemed to have a bad attitude and injuries popped up during matches when he was down.  To his credit, he is much better now but I have never really come around to be a fan.

Deep, I do think Roger will not be long for the tour.  He will always be one of my of my very favorites.  He has always reminded me of another favorite, Stefan Edberg.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

It is nice to see the Williams sisters advance.  Women's tennis will be so different when they retire....amazing that they have played for so many years.

I think I need to wear sunglasses while watching delPotro play...what an outfit!!  You can't miss him.