Honored Contributor

Re: Talkin Baseball 2016... all are welcome

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Congrats to all the winning teams!! 

Yankees play a day game today. I'll be watching the replay tonight.  Right now, I am watching the NY Rangers final season game. 

I'll check into the Yankees game in between periods.

Good luck to everyone's teams today.   Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Lightly snowing in my neck of Jersey. Rain coming in later on.  Not sure if the Mets will get their game in tonight.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yankees up 8-4!!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a new rule this year that came as a result of a runner sliding into the 2nd baseman and breaking his leg. The ump's enforced the rule in the Brewer's game on 4/8/16 which helped them win the game.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
There's a new rule this year that came a result of a runner sliding into the 2nd baseman and breaking his leg. The ump's enforced the rule in the Brewer's game on 4/8/16 which helped them win the game.

Hi, Smiley Happy

Wow!!   The Yankees announcers were discussing that new rule the other day.  I have not seen the highlights of that Brewer's game, but would like to.  Might be able to find that play on youtube????    Was the 2nd baseman hurt?

Honored Contributor

Yankees win 8-4!!  

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@AuntG wrote:
There's a new rule this year that came as a result of a runner sliding into the 2nd baseman and breaking his leg. The ump's enforced the rule in the Brewer's game on 4/8/16 which helped them win the game.

Hi, Smiley Happy

Wow!!   The Yankees announcers were discussing that new rule the other day.  I have not seen the highlights of that Brewer's game, but would like to.  Might be able to find that play on youtube????    Was the 2nd baseman hurt?

No one was hurt.  I'm a Brewer fan but I can see why the Astros were upset.  In the past, there would not have been anything illegal in what the runner did.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Hi, Smiley Happy

No one was hurt.  I'm a Brewer fan but I can see why the Astros were upset.  In the past, there would not have been anything illegal in what the runner did.

I don't like it when a rule like that decides a game or REALLY  changes the outcome of a game.   Seems like it is left to the discretion of the officials whether to invoke this rule.   Someone getting hurt makes it easier for the officials, but when no one is hurt...........................

Am I on the right track?  Or am I completely off base?  Pun intended. LOL

Honored Contributor

Yankees/Tigers game is canceled due to bad weather. No make up date is set as of now.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

thanks @dmod nj for the thread!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO O'ssssssssssssss!!!

opening day is on and the gates opened at noon.......it is pretty much an all day celebration at the ballpark AND on tv. hopefully the rain is holding off. the temperature is about 65 and mostly cloudy. expected to get breezy a little later. game begins at 3:05pm et against the minnesota twins.

good luck to everyones team!!!! and lets play ball!!!!!!

It's A Beautiful Day For A Ball Game Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0DFEKaR0c&list=PLPCjorJ1XN_GERMsQFQervIYqgu8dKTAm

Waving hi to Sunshine!  Congratulations to the O's for a great start to their year. Hope to see you here throughout the season.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama