Honored Contributor

Re: Talkin Baseball 2016... all are welcome

@MarLoCat wrote:
Red Sox Won 6  ~ 2 Indians

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/lupinchensorelli/Smly4/RED_SOX_zps43f051b7.gif

Congrats on the win, mlcat!!    My son did have classes yesterday.  I know it's been cold there, just like here.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj...Yes Cold...the Snow is melting did not get as much as they said we would but it's very cold here 30*F...Going to Rain here on Thursday.  What happened to the YankeesCat Sad:...it's too early anyway...I heard on sports talk the Yankees have a Great line-up this year & will be tough to beat.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

@dmod nj...Yes Cold...the Snow is melting did not get as much as they said we would but it's very cold here 30*F...Going to Rain here on Thursday.  What happened to the Yankees:catsad:...it's too early anyway...I heard on sports talk the Yankees have a Great line-up this year & will be tough to beat.

Cold here too, today. I think that played  a roll in Tanaka's and the bull pen's mediocre pitching. 

Yankees are protesting the game.   If I understand correctly, Yanks say the runner to first prevented a good throw to the 1st baseman.   He was running out of the baseline.   I didn't see it. I just heard about it on the postgame.  Nothing is going to happen to change the game, so it is a loss.

Hoping tomorrow's game is better!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Yanks on paper have a better team.........more depth than last year, but they are an aging team.   That takes a toll over the course of the season. 

What about the Sox?   I have not read a thing about any of the teams in our division.   Dontcha just hate it when life gets in the way of sports? LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

dmod wrote:

Yanks on paper have a better team.........more depth than last year, but they are an aging team.   That takes a toll over the course of the season. 

What about the Sox?   I have not read a thing about any of the teams in our division.   Dontcha just hate it when life gets in the way of sports? LOL

@dmod nj...Red Sox has New David Price Pitching...I think Clay Buchholz is really our star pitcher & he did not get to play much last year & reminds me a lot of Kissy Lips Andy Pettitte (not the way he looks the way he pitches).   As for Aging team...Papi keeps Hitting HRCat Happy

Sports talk said for the Red Sox it's Worst to First this year...but, they also added the Yankee line-up will be tough to beat.

Honored Contributor

I can only hope the Yankees aging hitters do as well as Papi with the bat.  We'll see!!

I sure hope both our teams are competitive this year!!   Makes it more fun! 

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

I can only hope the Yankees aging hitters do as well as Papi with the bat.  We'll see!!

I think it will be a great year for our teams...& I'll Cheer on the Yankees...Except when they VS the Red SoxCat Wink

Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

I think it will be a great year for our teams...& I'll Cheer on the Yankees...Except when they VS the Red SoxCat Wink

Well, we know no matter how our teams do, we are rooting against all the other teams in our division. LOL

Respected Contributor

It is great to see so many baseball fans on the thread this year.  It will be exciting to see news of all of your teams through the season.  I am so happy that baseball is back!

Sorry to see that the Yankees lost today.  This was the first opening day I could have seen after finally retiring last Friday.  Was not to be.  I was called for jury duty today and spent most of the day in the basement of a court house.  Smiley Sad  I'll be watching from here on out.

Congratulations to all of the teams that won today and to all of their fans.  Look forward to seeing you again tomorrow.

Hi to all of the fans who have joined us in the past and to all of the new posters who will be joining us in 2016!  Play ball!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Well, my TIGERS finally opened (in Miami) and BLEW another 9th inning lead, but won in OT (oh wait, this isn't hockey!!) won in the 11th.  Verlander pitched a great 5 innings, gave up the moonshot to Stanton in the 6th, but still left a comfortable lead, only to be BLOWN yet again by our pen!

We need a CLOSER!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it