Trusted Contributor

Re: Talkin Baseball 2016... all are welcome

Cubbie girl here - they won last night in LA.  Opening day at Wrigley is next Monday (4/11) and I will be there.  Forecast right now is rainy.   I don't like that it is a night game for the home opener; opening day should be opening day.

Will most likely be cold and wet and with the wind off the lake, I will probably freeze my chimichangas off like I have for every other opening day.  

Have a great year, Cubbies!!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Yankees are being introduced as I type this. I just walked in the door.

Tanaka is on the mound for the Yankees.

Matsui will throw out the 1st pitch.

The weather is more like winter than spring/baseball weather. It is 36 with a biting wind. It is sunny, though.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj

@dmod nj wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

TIGERS FAN HERE!!!  

We don't even start until tomorrow (Miami) for two games, not liking the interleague play already.

Then Friday is our home opener against the Yanks!!!  Love Baseball!!!

See you Friday, @dmod nj !!!

YAY, so happy you'll be with us for baseball, too.   I'm not happy about interleague play because of the dh.  I think the dh rule should be standard during interleague play regardless of where they play.  But, so far the commish has not asked me my opinion. LOL

@dmod nj, I could NOT agree more!!  I did not like DH at first, but come on now, look at how many arms it has saved, and how many more runs it has scored!!  Prolongs careers of pitchers and sluggers!!!

Bring on Verlander tonight!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

WELCOME TO THE BRONX, STARLIN!!   Yankees up 2-0 in the 3rd.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

2-2 in the 6th

Honored Contributor

5-3 last licks for the Yanks

Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad  Yankees lose the opener, 5-3. *sigh*

Good luck to everyone's teams today. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My team, the Texas Rangers, won their opener yesterday, beating the Seattle Mariners and King Felix 3-2 with only 1 hit!  You had to see it to believe it.

Respected Contributor

Red Sox Won 6  ~ 2 Indians

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/lupinchensorelli/Smly4/RED_SOX_zps43f051b7.gif

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

My team, the Texas Rangers, won their opener yesterday, beating the Seattle Mariners and King Felix 3-2 with only 1 hit!  You had to see it to believe it.

I can't wait to see the highlights from a 3-2 victory with only 1 hit!!!