Honored Contributor

Talkin Baseball 2016... all are welcome

Hi baseball fans, Smiley Happy

Sunday is Opening Day for some teams.  The remaining teams open their season on Monday. I love Opening Day. There is hope and promise for every team!!

Let's enjoy the season together.  Post about your favorite team and their season.  Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome.  Thank you for being respectful of  posters' comments regarding their teams. 

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in October. *shaking hands*

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Re: Talkin Baseball 2016... all are welcome

Hey Yankettes, Smiley Happy

It's been a long winter, but Monday is THE day!!   Here is a little information for you....

Tanaka is the starter. 

Matsui will throw out the first pitch.

Game is on local YES and ESPN at 1:00 eastern.

The Yankees open their season against the Astros with Keuchel on the mound for Houston.

See ya Monday!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdAJRglHs4

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Love it.  Baseball season is my favorite.  I have resorted to watching preseason games just to see my team.  Love the Giants and can't want for the season to begin. 

Deb

Respected Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread. GO CARDINALS  !

Honored Contributor

I understand Comcast and YES are still at an impasse.  So Yankee fans in NJ, CT, and PA may have to listen to Ma and Pa Pinstripe on radio.  Which isn't such a bad thing!

Valued Contributor

Cleveland Indians Fan here, opening day is Monday, but the forecast is calling for snow flurries, so the local news station has been calling  it "Snopening day! LOL 

Looking forward to the season as we have great starting pitching and a good bullpen, but according to DH we still need a slugger added to the lineup. (he has been sayibg that for many years, but the front office hasn't taken his advice yet! LOL) Looking forward to a great season. 

Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter, son-in-law and kids have tickets for Red Sox opening day in Boston.....they are so excited.......

Trusted Contributor

KC Royals fan here. Bleedin' True Blue!!!!!

Sunday night we play the Mets at home.

I have my KC Royals license plate frame installed on my Jeep, my KC Royals auto headrest covers are in place, and I'm carrying my Dooney & Bourke KC Royals zip zip satchel.

Play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the new thread, and thank you for making this a welcome site for all. Can't wait for opening day (Cardinals)! Definitely ready for some baseball!

Respected Contributor

YAY Baseball, finally.   Go Texas Rangers!!!!!!