Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs!!! The Super Bowl!!!

And that's why you never bet against the Patriots. They'll find a way to win. Thirty one unanswered points. Unbelievable! Tom Brady is really amazing when he's on his game and he's usually on his game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Oh my Lord. I cannot believe it. I am the most faithful and even I thought it was done. I feel terrible. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

Even tho I don't watch much pro football I watch the Super Bowl if one of the teams I like or a quarterback I like is in it.  I'm a big Tom Brady fan so I turned it on and it was the 2nd quarter.  Wasn't looking good at all.  That 2nd half was incredible and then the overtime.  I was actually yelling and jumping up and down off the couch.  Haven't been that excited over a game for a very long time.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Pretty much a perfect first half for the Falcons. The Patriots have tried to confuse the Falcons, coming out in a four wide receiver set, then two tight ends, then five receivers, but the Falcons have been ready for everything. The Patriots have tried to change things up on defense, but they seem more confused than the Falcons with their defensive changes. This second half could be kind of interesting. The Patriots have to play nearly perfect in the second half and they were far from perfect in the first half.

It appears the Pats did play perfectly in the 2nd half...lol  

Honored Contributor

Yo ! Roger !

thumb-your-nose-391405971.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The Falcons played pretty close to a perfect game. They got ahead early. They weren't confused by the Patriots changes. They got good pressure on Brady. They blanketed his receivers. They made big plays down the field. They had a good runing game. There was just one problem and that was Tom Brady. When you're playing one of the greatest of all time, you can't make a single mistake and they made two.

On that fourth quarter drive after the long completion and circus catch by Julio Jones, they were in field goal range. Kyle Shanahan opted to go for the kill by trying to score a touchdown and lost ten yards to a penalty and then more yards to a sack, knocking them out of field goal range. Those two mistakes cost them the game. When you're playing a Tom Brady you just can't make any mistakes or he'll make you pay for them.

It's going to be a long, long offseason for the Falcons. Chances are they won't make it back to the Super Bowl next year. You've got stiff competition in the NFC with Seattle, Dallas, Carolina, and a number of other talented teams ready to knock them off. They've lost five or six weeks of the offseason by making the Super Bowl this year, which gives them less time to heal up and get ready for next season. They'll be drafting thirty first which limits the talent available to them to replenish their roster. This was their chance to become immortal, and instead they just made Tom Brady's path to the Pro Football Hall of Fame just a tick easier. (Not that he needed much help anyway.)

And that ends the 2016 NFL season. On to the 2017 season!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I think the Falcons will be back, if not next year then another time. As long as they have Matt Ryan and some of their other weapons. Coach made some SB rookie mistakes that he probably wouldn't make again.

Funny how people perceive things differently. I can't stand Joe Buck as an announcer of baseball or football and Aikman to me begrudgingly gives Tom accolades. He deserves all the "kissing up" that anyone gives, he's the GOAT. It's all laundry, if he was on any other team their fans would worship him too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Getting back to the Super Bowl is a big challenge. Last year everyone assumed the Panthers would be back this year. They were almost undefeated in 2015 and looked like the dominant team in the NFC. They missed the playoffs completely this past season.

Teams get punished for making the Super Bowl. They get a later draft pick. They have less time to recover and get ready for the next season. Their current players all want a raise. The salary cap gets stressed and teams have to make some difficult choices. Players often think they can go on cruise control and coast to the Super Bowl the next year only to find out that it's not that easy.

If I was betting right now, I'd bet the Falcons won't make the Super Bowl next year. Carolina's likely to bounce back a bit. The Buccaneers are a team on the rise. I don't see the Saints putting up much of a fight, but with Drew Brees at QB you can't rule them out. The other three teams in the NFC South could keep the Falcons right out of the playoffs next year. You just never know. The difference between winning and losing is pretty slim and the Falcons will get handicapped this offseason. They'll face a first place schedule next year that's more challenging. Other teams have had several opportunities to meet with the kids coming out this year while the Falcons have been preparing for games.

Teams that have been out of the playoffs have already signed players to future contracts and have them ready for next summer's camps. Guys who get cut have to pass through 30 other teams before Atlanta gets a chance to claim them. It's just a lot harder to get back to the Super Bowl than it is to ge there once. If you're the only good team in your division, it's not quite as hard, but that NFC South is pretty competitive. The Bucs are on the rise. The Panthers should rebound. Drew Brees could drag the Saints to the playoffs. It won't be easy, or even likely, for the Falcons to get back to the Super Bowl.

They've got a fight ahead of them. We'll have to see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

What a sore and ungracious loser you are @Suziepeach. No one said they weren't proud of the Falcons. Everyone said they did a great job.