Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs!!! The Super Bowl!!!

Good luck to the Redskins in signing Kirk Cousins. I'm not sure they aren't farther apart now than they were last year. McCloughan is apparently telling people privately he won't pay more than $20 million a year to a QB and that's well below Cousin's current asking price.

The Washington Post reported a week or two ago that McCloughan would consider trading Cousins rather than pay him the $24+ million he's due this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I think that Jerry Jones was recognized for the HOF because of all he did for the NFL owners and the game. It's because of Jones that the teams are so wealthy. Jones also helped franchises to build new stadiums for their teams. He did much for the Dallas area as well as other cities. However one thinks of him personally, there's no denying that he had a large influence throughout the leagues.

Frank Gore received the Art Rooney Sportmanship Award. It's for integrity, sportsmanship, fairness and love of the game and is voted by other players. Congrats to Gore!

Also, SPURT, you sister will be happy to see that Eli Manning shared the Walter Payton Man of the Year award with Larry Fitzgerald. Manning has done much for charitable work helping children with cancer, and also helping victims of disasters. Well deserved by both.

I was kind of surprised to see the OROTY award go to Prescott; thought Elliott would get it. But those two play off and compliment each other.

Matt Ryan for MVP: glad that he was recognized. Now I hope that he can carry that into a Superbowl win.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

placed a couple of bets earlier.....two for 2 pointers (one attempt, one successful) and one for missed field goals. hoping i make a few dollars today. LOL

looking forward to a good game, a falcon win, and most of all, lots of great commercials.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The Vindication Tour ends today with our final victory. 

This is our year. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

This is our year. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!

@PurpleBunny

images (2).jpg

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

This is our year. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!

@PurpleBunny

images (2).jpg

AMEN!  I had EVERY faith, from the very FIRST game, that this was our year. I have no doubt that my boys will shut all the haters down - again. On to victory. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny. Nice to see you back on the boards PB. We missed you during Big Brother.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Great to see you G-man!  Missed you too my friend ... but I OFTEN wondered what you were thinking as I watched BB!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Great to see you G-man!  Missed you too my friend ... but I OFTEN wondered what you were thinking as I watched BB!!!!

We had a lot of fun with BB this season. I really like BBOTT too. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Pretty much a perfect first half for the Falcons. The Patriots have tried to confuse the Falcons, coming out in a four wide receiver set, then two tight ends, then five receivers, but the Falcons have been ready for everything. The Patriots have tried to change things up on defense, but they seem more confused than the Falcons with their defensive changes. This second half could be kind of interesting. The Patriots have to play nearly perfect in the second half and they were far from perfect in the first half.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!