Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs!!! The Super Bowl!!!

Well, I'll be watching primarily for the commericals. During halftime I'll be switching out my KC Chiefs license plate frame for the KC Royals frame and look forward to baseball season. SIGH

My next door neighbor hoisted a big Patriots flag on his ginormous flagpole in the front yard.

I'll root for the Falcons just for the sheer fact that I'm sick of the Pats. But I don't really care about the game this year -- neither team holds my interest.

Trusted Contributor

I don't usually make a point of seeing the halftime show, but I like some

of  GaGa's music, so I'll watch.

Gardenman, I thought Shania was making a comeback, but maybe not. Saw her a couple of times, and then poof, she was gone again.

Took down my Cowboy flags yesterday. Smiley Sad 

I'm moving on and looking forward to flying

time again.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts have hired Chris Ballard, former director of player personnel in Kansas City. He is a popular choice with many Colts fans, as he seems to be focused on defense and is well respected among the NFL. This could be the start of something good in Indy. I don't know what this means for Pagano; that's yet to be determined, but from what I've read about Ballard, I'm optimistic about the hiring. Maybe he can bring some Kansas City players with him. (Not sure about that, but it's nice to dream.) 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I don't usually make a point of seeing the halftime show, but I like some

of  GaGa's music, so I'll watch.

Gardenman, I thought Shania was making a comeback, but maybe not. Saw her a couple of times, and then poof, she was gone again.

Took down my Cowboy flags yesterday. Smiley Sad 

I'm moving on and looking forward to flying

time again.  Smiley Happy

@yellowrose Shania is always on the verge of making a comeback then she disappears again. She had a short concert tour last year that was supposedly her final ever tour, but now she's supposed to have a new album coming out with a different sound and different songs, so who knows? She's been rumored to have a new album coming out for years now and it never gets here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts have hired Chris Ballard, former director of player personnel in Kansas City. He is a popular choice with many Colts fans, as he seems to be focused on defense and is well respected among the NFL. This could be the start of something good in Indy. I don't know what this means for Pagano; that's yet to be determined, but from what I've read about Ballard, I'm optimistic about the hiring. Maybe he can bring some Kansas City players with him. (Not sure about that, but it's nice to dream.) 

It sounds like a good pick, but you never know until a few years have passed. He gets a heck of a head start by having a good QB already in place though.

It's almost kinder for Pagano if they do fire him now. The owner flirting with Gruden and then the word that they'd considered trading to get Sean Payton has largely cut Pagano's legs off. The players know he's not in a safe place as their coach and unless they rally around him like crazy, he's likely gone after this year anyway. If the new GM has a coaching candidate in mind, freeing Pagano now might avoid a wasted year. I'm not sure you'll see a full effort from the players for Pagano this coming season given his obviously shaky job status. Why waste a year of Luck's career if you're just going to replace Pagano next year?

Josh McDaniels is still out there and available. Going from Tom Brady to Andrew Luck isn't such a bad transition. McDaniels said he didn't want the Niners job, but he might be tempted by the Colts' job if that became available.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

Saw the news about the Colt's hiring of the GM sounds like a good hire. Good Luck to the Colts.

@gardenman

Well Capt Kirk made a "splash" in the Pro Bowl with that interception and the subsequent tackle.....I bet Scot, Gruden, and Danny were holding their respective breaths seeing that and breathed a sigh of relief when he emerged unscathed from his attempt at defense......Woman Frustrated

Well things not going well for me in the sports world......first Kirk's interception and then my NBA Spurs lost to the Mavs (of all teams) they had not won here since 2010..... Woman Tongue I still think our bench is better than the starters, they are a bunch of scapy fighters......

Been invited to a Super Bowl Party so will be watching the game with friends instead of hosting......I think the consensus of the group is we all want to see the Falcons win......football-423.gif  Not sure what's on the menu,but the hostess is a good cook....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's going to be an interesting off season for Kirk Cousins. The Redskins are said to be locked in on a contract in that $16-$18 million a year range (at most) while Cousins wants more like $25 million a year. That's a pretty big pay gap. The Washington Post is reporting that the Redskins might trade Cousins if they can't work out a long term deal. (How do you trade a guy who's not under contract?) It sounds like both sides are taking a firm stand on the contract and that could end up with Cousins going bye-bye. Apparently McCloughan isn't fond of paying quarterbacks $25 million or so a year. Word is he'd rather start over with a rookie than pay Cousins $25 million this year.

I'm not sure the coaching staff agrees with that and there could already be some tension between the head coach and front office as Gruden took a swipe at the GM by saying they'd only had two first round draft picks since he'd been coach and one of those only played one game and one's a guard.

We could see the Redskins suddenly getting very interested in the young quarterbacks coming out in the draft if things don't get resolved pretty quickly. With Cleveland and the Niners drafting first and second and both needing a QB, we could see the Redskins make a trade to get one of those picks (likely surrendering both Cousins and their own first rounder in exchange) to grab one of the top kids coming out. Without a contract, the value of Cousins isn't as high as it could be. Moving up from 17 to one or two might be the most they could get for him, if they could even get that. They might even have to include other picks to make that climb. McCloughan backed himself and the team into this corner and their only real options are to let Cousins go, or pay him.

They've got Colt McCoy as an option, and I liked Colt coming out of college. He's only got a salary of about $2.8 million in 2017 so he's a lot cheaper. But, he's 30 already and hasn't shown a lot. Can they find a Dak Prescott in a later round? Good luck with that. Of the eight quarterbacks taken early last year, there are only two I feel confident saying will be solid NFL starters and last year's quarterback class was said to be one of the deepest in years. Is McCloughan more or less conceding the NFC East to the Eagles/Cowboys for the immediate future and looking to rebuild around a new quarterback

It's going to be a very interesting off season for the Redskins and their fans. That team could look a whole lot different by the start of training camp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Yep Spurt, pretty bad when you lose to the Mav's.  Happy Super Bowl party to you.

Didnt watch the game last night, but I copied it for when I am craving some football, although this would be like going to Taco Bell when you're craving Tex-Mex.

Doesn't satisfy the crave at all.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone.

Honored Contributor

The Niners are taking the unconventional approach to hiring a GM by hiring John Lynch the broadcaster/former Buc/Bronco safety as their GM and giving him a six year contract. They wanted someone familiar with Kyle Shanahan and Lynch played under Kyle's father, so there's some familiarity there. It's a bold choice. Every other GM in the league is now drooling at the prospect of hoodwinking Lynch in a few trades before he gets his feet on the ground. Every other GM is looking at the Niner roster and evaluating what's there that they could poach.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Speaking of poaching....rumor has it the Redskins are going to pursue the Eagles's DT Bennie Logan........Philly may not have the assets to pay him what he wants especially with other needs on the Eagles's roster.......The Eagles's already have a lot of money invested in Fletcher Cox and aren't flush with cap space.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”