Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for May 2016!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles finished their first round of OTA's and nobody got hurt which is great. Wentz looks like an NFL quarterback which is good. I suspect we'll see a lot of him in the exhibition games then not much more, but the kid looks pretty good.

@gardenman  So Sammy blamed his tantrum on his agent and God's in Philly and all's right with the world Smiley Wink

It looks like RGIII may be out of Washington but the Post won't let the story go....digging up stuff from Shanny and Robert is responding with vague slams back.....As the frozen song says, LET IT GO Robert LET IT GO......

Did anyone see the list the 40 most hated players of all times--loudmouths, cheaters, and criminals....so how did Eli Manning make spot #40.....???? They said it was because he refused to play for the Chargers.....here's the full list---

40. Eli Manning

39. Marshawn Lynch

38  Gronk

37 Rodney Harrison

36 Odell Beckham Jr

35 Lawrence Taylor (lots of Giants on the list)

34 Jim McMahon

33 Richard Sherman

32 Ricky Williams

31 Keyshawn Johnson

30 Mark Gastineau

29 Bryan Cox

28 Vontaxe Burfict

27 Hines Ward

26 Jack Tatum

25 Cortland Finnegan

24. Chuck Cecil

23  Chad Johnson

22 Brett Favre

21 Tim Tebow (poor Tim)

20 Cam Newton

19 Deion Sanders

18 Randy Moss

17 Richie Incognito

16 Johnny Manziel

15 James Harrison

14 Conrad Dobler

13 Albert Haynesworth

12 Jay Cutler

11 Michael Irvin

10 Adrian Peterson

9  Adam "Pacman" Jones

8  Ben Roethlisberger

7  Bill Romanowski

6  Ray Lewis

5  Tom Brady

4 Greg Hardy

3 Ndamukong Suh

2 Terrell Owens

1 Michael Vick

oh yes, my s/o, who is a big chargers fan (when they are winning, LOL) HATES eli manning. he said what person DOESNT want to live and work in sunny san diego? he hasnt let go of that feeling.

of course, the baltimore colts had the same reaction when john elway put up a big stink about baltimore not allowing him to be "successful." he DEMANDED to be traded after he was selected in the draft.

there are a few on there i dont understand, but then i dont know everyones complete back story.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

sounds like you got a pretty good deal on your comcast.

it really isnt horrible and they are good about trying to resolve problems, especially if you threaten to leave them. LOL

we are paying around $300 a month for pretty much every channel imaginable, two landlines, internet, and i am embarrassed to say how many boxes. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

NFL owners voted Tuesday to expand the system to cover game administration issues, including penalty enforcement, proper down, spot of foul and status of game clock, and to allow for on-field officials to consult with NFL headquarters for application of playing rules.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/05/24/nfl-instant-replay-expanded-owners-meeting/84850...

Honored Contributor

I've never been an Eli Manning fan. He always looks like he's on the verge of tears. He's a good quarterback, but he never looks the part to me. My confidence in him would be pretty low if I was on his team. I'm not sure he'd make my list of the top 40 hated players, but he might.

I don't really hate many players. I've been trying to think of players I hate and there really aren't many. I wasn't thrilled with Terrell Suggs when he took an unnecessary dive at Sam Bradford's knees in the preseason last year. He'd likely be on my list, but it would be a short list. Suh would also make the list for trying to hurt guys when it's not necessary. Vontaze Burfict would also be on the list for the same reason. The guys who openly take cheap shots on other players would likely dominate my list.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think a player who quits on his team is just as bad, if not worse than a "dirty" player like a Conrad Dobler. Every player is trying to gain some kind of an advantage. At least they're trying to help their team win a game.

Eli Manning came across like a spoiled brat to me. He didn't want to play for the Chargers so he hid behind his daddy and had his daddy do his bidding.

It's official. The Rams are in L.A. I was watching a Dodgers game and a fan was wearing a Todd Gurley jersey. A lot of Rams fans will be Gurley men. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I certainly agree with the #1 most hated.  

Honored Contributor

Carson Wentz is continuing to impress his teammates. Jordan Matthews (our young wide reciever) was watching film with Wentz the other day and Wentz pointed out a corner turning his head away from the play and told Mathews that if he sees the DB doing that, he wants the receiver to be ready to get the ball as he's going deep. Matthews was like, "Dude, that's not where the ball is supposed to go on that play, but yeah! I like it!" 

In the limited experience the team has with Wentz, they're finding him to have that gunslinger mentality you like in a quarterback. He seems very fond of taking the deep shot whenever the chance arises. I have a feeling Wentz is going to keep the opposing team's safeties deep and on their toes.  While Bradford and Sanchez seemed allergic to the deep ball, Wentz seems to look for the deep ball at every opportunity. That should help open up the running game a bit more by keeping the safeties deeper.

Eagles receivers were frustrated last year when they'd be running wide open only to have Bradford/Sanchez see them, pump the ball, then decide to take the safer, shorter pass instead and dump the ball down. It looks like Wentz will go deep at any and every opportunity. Bradford's likely going to have to adapt his game to going deep more frequently if he wants to keep the job. Receivers running wide open down the field who don't get the ball from Bradford will be among those begging the coach to put the kid in.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

i have a question.....

ravens were fined and penalized yesterday for allowing rookies to wear pads while practicing during mini-camp. i am not sure just why pads are bad to wear and why this is a rule?

Honored Contributor

When the last CBA (collective bargaining agreement) was hashed out, a big point for the players union was limiting practice time and regulating it. Under that CBA every team has the same amount of training time and it's all regulated in exactly what can, and can't be done. Teams with new head coaches are given a little bit of extra time, but that's the only exception.

In the past there were coaches (****** Vermeil among others) who would have players on the practice field for hours and hours. Those coaches would have players in full pads most of the time and the players weren't always happy about it. In recent CBA's the players have demanded concessions and gotten them. Now everything is strictly regulated, including the placement of cameras around the practice field to monitor the practices.

Most coaches will tell you they've had to simplify what they want to do, simply because of the limits on practice time. Many younger players now enter the season with very little practice time as coaches focus their limited practice time on the starters.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

thanks @gardenman

that is a good explanation and i understand that strict rules have to be followed, but overall i dont see what the problem is with "pads" on rookies? i would think pads prevent serious injuries.