Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for February 2017!!!

The Cardinals and Cowboys will be playing in the Hall of Fame game this year. I suspect Bruce Arians will have the Cards breathing fire in the preseason this year. In 2016 they started out flat and stayed flat. Arians won't want a repeat of that. The HOF game is on a Thursday night this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

@yellowrose

That's  a great idea ROSIE -  Romo for JJ.  G-Man likes to paint a dark picture for the Cowboys!   Just take it with a grain of salt we're gonna be alright. Gulp!

@Txblond@yellowrose@gardenman

If the Texans trade an old, beat up Romo for JJ Watt.....then my Redskins will have a scientist give a fountain of youth potion for Joe Montana and he will be the Redskins next QB and will agree to play for the NFL league minimum----Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@gardenman   The pundits are saying that Tom's jersey is probably the most valuable piece of NFL memorabilia -  ever. Did you see the suspect board he posted?  Really funny. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @yellowrose @Txblond

I don't like Stephen Jones calling the Cowboys' personnel moves (he's made some good decisions---), but I DO like that sign.....

"hey mother nature, you can't give us Texans all 4 seasons in one week"  LOL  What a roller coaster it has been.

I can't believe it's  90 here today.......hopefully the weather people are right and it drops to 68 on Saturday and then 70's for a few days---

We had 6 tornadoes in our area Sunday (E-0 and E-1 ratings).....thankfully, none in my part of town...but lots of devastation to homes and apartments in certain parts.....and the silver lining was no injuries!!!....that's a big reason to be thankful....Here's what the storm did to a transmittor....looks like Godzilla was in town....and bent it......  Hope your part of Texas made it through the bad storms @yellowrose @Txblond....

920x920.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.18.41 PM_1487636468890_8553973_ver1.0.png

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Off topic: SPURT, I saw that San Antonio possibly had a tornado, with over 100 homes damaged. They say that winds were 70 miles an hour, and storms could be headed to Houston. Hope everything is Ok with you; check in whenever you have a chance.

Back to football: Irsay tweeted that "things are clicking on all cylinders" in Indy. Can't wait to see how all this works out with Pagano and Ballard. Pagano might still be on the hot seat; only time will tell. At least there is a start with Grigson being out.

Wonder what will happen with Le'Veon Bell. He will be a free agent, but I just can't picture him with another team. He'll demand some big money.

Now there is a report that Cousins doesn't want to stay in Washington. I dont know what to believe, but that is an interesting situation.

@teganslaw

Thanks for your concern.....I made it through the storm on Sunday....lots of lightning, heavy rain, and my patio things got knocked around by the wind a little ....but my part of town didn't get any damage....other areas were badly hit......what was nice is that people from all over the city went to the damaged areas and offered to help clear debris---some brought water and food to the workers clearing debris and covering up roofs until they can be repaired...........I was happy no one was hurt by the storm.....

Well it looks like we may not be able to keep Pierre Garcon according to the rumors...his asking price is a bit high and the Redskins have some young WRs that have been playing well, he'd be a good pickup for the Colts....wonder if he would go back to the Colts?????????

Respected Contributor

Jeeze spurt - glad you're ok!  Wow. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@gardenman   The pundits are saying that Tom's jersey is probably the most valuable piece of NFL memorabilia -  ever. Did you see the suspect board he posted?  Really funny. 

@PurpleBunny

I saw that suspect board on Mike & Mike on ESPN---too funny---Scooby the family dog, Lady GaGa, Jaws, Edelman, The Crab People etc etc.....LOL!!!  ---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/23/tom-brady-posts-hilarious-suspect-board...

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@PurpleBunny

I saw that suspect board on Mike & Mike on ESPN---too funny---Scooby the family dog, Lady GaGa, Jaws, Edelman, The Crab People etc etc.....LOL!!!  ---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/23/tom-brady-posts-hilarious-suspect-board...

I thought it was really clever. He must have had a good time with it!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Jeeze spurt - glad you're ok!  Wow. 

@PurpleBunny

Thanks!  It was a scary storm (raining in buckets, lightning, and some hail!).....I was watching the NBA All Star Game on TNT on cable and looked out my window and was really concerned....I switched to local channels covering the storm to see what was happening........a tornado warning had just been lifted for our area and danger was passed....but was concerned about family/friends where the tornadoes were heading or located....thankfully they were all safe.   prayers to those that experienced damage and hope their homes get quickly repaired!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw@gardenman

I have been having nightmares over the different rumors and scenarios I've been hearing about Kirk Cousins:

1.Tagging him and won't offer long term deal prior to getting tagged---the Redskins will have until July 15 to sign him to a long term deal........

2.Making a trade with the 49ers getting no. 2 pick (signing defensive player)---could happen at Combine and then signing Tony Romo as QB (if this happens the Apocalypse will soon begin)........Also even read a GASP...that Jay Cutler would be Kirk's replacement, if Kirk goes to 49ers....SHEESH!!!

3. Oddsmakers say Cousins stays with the Redskins, but others say he will leave.......If he does leave who the heck is capable that is out there???????????  While I like Colt McCoy and he knows the offense, he doesn't have the arm that Cousins does.....

BTW even though Scoty has the GM title, its actually Bruce Allen calling the shots....or so "they" say......and some say thats not good news, former Redskin Brian Mitchell says Redskin fans should be concerned....Woman Sad....