Honored Contributor

i have always said I feel these games are rigged so they go the total 7 games because there is so much money made with each game. 

Pittsburgh is certainly all revved up, that's for certain. Pirates are doing well too - could be quite a summer here in the burgh. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

i have always said I feel these games are rigged so they go the total 7 games because there is so much money made with each game. 

Pittsburgh is certainly all revved up, that's for certain. Pirates are doing well too - could be quite a summer here in the burgh. 

@151949  It sure seems that way.  Let's face it, it is a business. Woman Indifferent 

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins, Stanley Cup Winners and thanks for a great season. 

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949

You felt it necessary to quote all of your nursing experience and college and medical degrees on the Wellness Forum, while at the same time denigrating my experiences and lack of degrees, I will now return the favor.

How many hockey games have you played

How many hockey games, at any level, have you been an On-Ice Referee, please tell all of us hockey fans.

Now myself? Let's go back to the 1940's when I first started ice skating, and playing hockey. Played probably well over a 1,000+ games/ Started running MY Adult Hockey League, which I have ran for 52 years. Referee? More hockey games than when I was a player.

My name is on my award and also on a Plaque in our city's Hockey Hall of Fame, the same one that the late Mr.Hockey has his name. I could list so many more credentials I attained in the world of ice hockey, they might even compare to what you listed as yours over on the Wellness Forum?

So you saying: "I have always said I feel these games are rigged"? Exposing to me you know little to nothing about the game of ice hockey, of which I have seven plus years of experience, and well over 5 decades of expertise?

Stick with things you at least know something about, and leave ice hockey to this non-high school graduate, that knows and has lived, almost every aspect of the game I have lived/loved/played/officiated, and been President of for over those 5 decades?

To all real hockey fans, especially the Pens fans! After the Pens ousted my NY Rangers from the playoffs, in round 1, and in only 5 games(not 7, as the OP of this thread seemed to insinuate), I said to anyone and everyone that wated to listen. There is no team left in the NHL Stanley Cup Series, that could beat the Pens. I also gave the details of how they would carry the Cup back to Pittsburgh.

@151949

Don't waste your time replying to the above.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949  It sure seems that way.  Let's face it, it is a business. 

Hello to you @alliswell,

You can read my novels to 151949 if you so desire. That is directed specifically to her, no one else. Why? She chose to denigrate my life's experiences with facing death, because I don't have "Dr." preceding my name.

Sure, hockey is a business, but if you feel there is a way to "rig" a hockey game? I am all ears as to how that can be done. Corrupting all players of both teams/coaches/General managers, and owners?

Hockey at the Pro level is a game played by instinct, and unlike football, very few set plays. You have a fast moving contest/on a slippery surface and at times, a bouncing puck, that has its on mind of how it finds itself inside a net.

Please give the respect to this game that it has earned. It is not and never has been rigged for profit. If so my Rangers would have been in 7 games, 2 of which they had not earned.

Again, congrats to the Pen team and entire organization?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut:

I was wrong to imply that the game is "rigged."

Regarding the "business" aspect though, not only hockey, but baseball, football, basketball, whatever,  in the "major leagues," their "seasons" have been extended beyond belief.   I remember when hockey was played and finished up pretty much in the winter, suddenly, here it is almost summer and they're just finishing up.  

I don't pretend to know anywhere what you do about hockey.  I cannot imagine being a hockey referree.   I do enjoy hockey and I'm particularly glad that it's more about playing the game than physically assaulting opposing player(s).  

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

hckynut  Thank You, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Jessa