Trusted Contributor

He needs a job and said he will stand for National Anthem in 2017. I hope he stands in unemployment line.

Respected Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

He needs a job and said he will stand for National Anthem in 2017. I hope he stands in unemployment line.

Well that's special.  How quickly his tune changed.  So bogus these people that seemed to be so committed to their beliefs until they ditch them for money.  What a loser.

Esteemed Contributor

All he was asking was that people not get shot in the back.

Shame on everyone who makes it something different.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

I totally agree, and some of these neanderthals in the stands have never done anything more patriotic  or dangerous than get drunk and boo the players on the field. This is still America, the last time I looked, and we have a right to protest.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Sure he was

Respected Contributor

I don't think it is about the right to protest or not. I think, at this point, it is about it being so important to him last season and he is willing to give that up this season. It makes people question the intent.  I have no idea where he will end up, he was my on my favorite team for the past few seasons, but I am just glad that controversy will be gone from my team and the focus can be on football.

Deb

Super Contributor

why is he going to stand now that he needs a job? Makes no sense.  Did he ever donate all those millions to his cause???

Trusted Contributor

Not to be taking sides here but there WAS more to it than not getting shot in the back.  He was commenting on the status of race relations in the U.S. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been able to see how that was any statement at all, except that he was thumbing his nose at the very symbol that affords the freedom.

I've started losing interest in the NFL.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I was happy for him when he moved into his NFL role.  He was on the local news, etc.  Seemed like a great guy with a promising career.  I think his ego did him in, then it effected his game.  I hope he is able to work on himself, mature and get picked up by another team in the future.