Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Txblond wrote:

For heaven's sake,  give the guy a break.  He helped win 11 games & he's a rookie, after all.  No, don't think we will throw him under the bus yet!!

Giggle.  True.

As for the Giants....Poor Eli.  

Won 2 Super Bowls, but no one wants him in the HOF.

Eli will be in the Hall of Fame. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Forgive me but , I' m on a football high !! My Giants beat the Cowboys, and me of little faith didn't think it would happen, and without JPP.  I'm a happy fan.🏉🏉🏉

@QVCkitty1

My sister is also a Giant's fan and she is very happy too INDOOR KITTY!!!-.CONGRATS TO THE GIANTS AND THEIR FANS!

Why the way these analysts on Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN talked they had spoken like the Super Bowl Trophy had alreay been dusted off and handed to the Cowboys even before the playoffs started...but oh what a difference one game makes.....now fans that held up posters with DAK TO THE FUTURE are now urging Jerry Jones to put Romo back in to take over the QB duties....oh how fickle fans can get.....

On another perspective, if the Cowboys had won, it would've helped my Redskins in the race for the wildcard spot in the playoffs.....so I'm a little torn on the results, BUT when the Redskins WIN, and the Cowboys LOSE it's always a fun day here for me.HTTR!...Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Kudos to the Giants. I'm not sure how good either of those two teams really are though. I think both are flawed and will be exposed in the playoffs if they both make the playoffs. Neither team looked all that great last night. Dak Prescott looked lost and confused much of the game. Eli always looks a bit lost and confused. Kudos to the Giants for the win, but I suspect neither of those teams will go far if they both make the playoffs. 

I think Green Bay may be the best team in the NFC right now. If they make the playoffs, they could go far. Whatever was bugging Aaron Rodgers earlier in the season is now gone and he's back to being Aaron Rodgers. The big question for them is did they dig themselves too deep of a hole to climb out of? The Seahawks will be formidable if you have to play them in Seattle. Atlanta's a challenge to deal with now and Detroit's looking pretty solid. Tampa Bay's also playing good football now. 

@gardenman@redwingsgal

Well imagine that the Cowboys are not invincible who wouldve thought it after listening to the media!!! 

What's amazing as even my sister said, and she IS a loyal Giants fan, that even with her team's inept offense the Giants still beat the Cowboys---Well their weaknesses have now been exposed and now other teams will use the same defensive pattern.....it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season and the playoffs go from here.....And if Jerry starts making rumbles for Garrett to play Romo a QB controversey certainly won't help......WOW what a game, and a good one tonight too!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

For heaven's sake,  give the guy a break.  He helped win 11 games & he's a rookie, after all.  No, don't think we will throw him under the bus yet!!

@Txblond, I couldn't agree more.  It's been overreaction Monday as it always is following a loss.  I really didn't expect Dallas to win out this season, and I'm not even sure that would have been a good thing as sometimes you can learn more from a loss to be better prepared for future games, especially in the playoffs.

Cooler and more logical heads are prevailing and Dak is the now and future quarterback, baring injury.  My personal feeling is that he was really bothered by the cold as he's never played in conditions like that before.

Even if the Cowboys lost the rest of the games this season (which I don't think they will) they are still in the playoffs.  At that point everybody starts from scratch.  Will the Cowboys be in the Superbowl?  I have no idea, but they will have as good a chance as any other team that will be in the playoffs.

Honored Contributor

The big challenge for the Cowboys in the playoffs will be where they play. They'd be best off playing every game at home which means they pretty much need to win out to guarantee that. Road games at Detroit, Seattle, Atlanta, or even back in NJ if the Giants win out and the Cowboys lose out, could be troublesome. You really don't want to play in Seattle. That's a brutal home field to go into as a visting team. The Cowboys need a win or two to lock up home field advantage and then they'll be pretty nicely positioned.

The Giants played a pretty smart game. They largely went man to man on the Cowboy receivers taking away the fast easy read from Dak Prescott and forced him to hold the ball, or make a bad decision. That largely freed up the safeties to help in run support containing Elliott. It'll be fun to see how the Cowboys adapt to that in future games. (Expect to see a lot of deep balls thrown to try and beat that man to man coverage.)

Once a blueprint is out there on how to beat a team, the team has to adapt. Some can do it quickly, even in the course of the game, while others take a few weeks to figure out a way around the scheme.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The big challenge for the Cowboys in the playoffs will be where they play. They'd be best off playing every game at home which means they pretty much need to win out to guarantee that. Road games at Detroit, Seattle, Atlanta, or even back in NJ if the Giants win out and the Cowboys lose out, could be troublesome. You really don't want to play in Seattle. That's a brutal home field to go into as a visting team. The Cowboys need a win or two to lock up home field advantage and then they'll be pretty nicely positioned.

The Giants played a pretty smart game. They largely went man to man on the Cowboy receivers taking away the fast easy read from Dak Prescott and forced him to hold the ball, or make a bad decision. That largely freed up the safeties to help in run support containing Elliott. It'll be fun to see how the Cowboys adapt to that in future games. (Expect to see a lot of deep balls thrown to try and beat that man to man coverage.)

Once a blueprint is out there on how to beat a team, the team has to adapt. Some can do it quickly, even in the course of the game, while others take a few weeks to figure out a way around the scheme.

@gardenman, I agree with much of what you said.  Home advantage would certainly be nice and hope we get it.  However, I disagree with your "containing Elliott" statement.  While that was certainly true in the first game against the Giants where he only got 51 yards, he got 107 in Sunday's game, and anytime a running back goes over 100 yards that is not containment.  I don't know why they didn't use him more later in the game.  Perhaps that could have made a difference.

Super Contributor

Can someone please help m e-  I am so not a techie.  Don't know how to answer a person using the blue name or names.  Anyway G-Man - Hi.  Please don't root for the Boys - that would jinx us for sure. LOL!  We have tough games ahead, as Tampa and Lions are both good!   Sorry about Eagles- NOT- Ha.  I miss Yellowrose- how bout you?

Trusted Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

Can someone please help m e-  I am so not a techie.  Don't know how to answer a person using the blue name or names.  Anyway G-Man - Hi.  Please don't root for the Boys - that would jinx us for sure. LOL!  We have tough games ahead, as Tampa and Lions are both good!   Sorry about Eagles- NOT- Ha.  I miss Yellowrose- how bout you?

@Txblond, if you just type in the "@" sign it will bring up a list of names who have posted in this forum and you can click on that name.  That will post the "blue name" for you.

Super Contributor

@soonersis

How come your name is not in blue?   Hope our offense is practicing this week.  Tampa will be a tough game!

Super Contributor

@soonersis

Disregard my question in the last post - I see it did turn blue.  Thanks for the info!