Honored Contributor

Giant's player Leon Hall should be fined!

Jordy Nelson's injuries are serious--fractured ribs, pneumothorax (collapsed lung), splenic laceration and possibly more. He will not be playing anymore this season and I hope the NFL takes action.

Contributor

Re: Giant's player Leon Hall should be fined!

I totally agree!!  But more importantly than the fine - as these players are quite well off - Keep  Hall out of several games when next season starts - that may hurt more.

My prayers and good wishes go out to Jordy and wish him a quick and full recovery for himself and his family.

Mrs Goofy

Packer Backer from Way Back

Valued Contributor

The player should have been ejected from the game.  A fine means nothing to these pampered athletes.  The Giants have far more issues than their play on the field.  Letting their players parade onto Lambeau Field with their shirts off.  I would think that group who was on the boat in Miami would be quiet not showboating.  Then the one bangs his head against the wall and puts a hole in the wall at Lambeau.  On the way home they trashed the airplane.  They had to clean the plane for over 3 hours removing seat cushions.  The people going out on the next leg had to be delayed for over 3 hours.  The plane reeked of alcohol.  The team obviously has no control over their players.  Jordy Nelson is one class act.  Too bad their aren't more like him.  

New Contributor

What you reported is just speculation.  This has not been confirmed by the Packers.  Mike McCarthy just stated that Jordy might practice on Saturday.  

Honored Contributor

@milly1 wrote:

The Giants have far more issues than their play on the field.  Letting their players parade onto Lambeau Field with their shirts off.

I just read about that - a number of Giants players on the field shirtless and in shorts in 12 degree weather at Lambeau.  They gave new meaning to the phrase "warming up!"

Honored Contributor

Our local sports coverage showed where Odell punched a hole in the wall up at Lambeau Field (after he was seen banging his head).  What an immature baby.  The Giants coach said they will take full responsibility, but I doubt if the Packers will send them a bill.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I can understand the disappointment, but they really are sore losers.

New Contributor

RetRN: your diagnosis is incorrect- Jordy has 2 broken ribs. No collapsed lung, no splenic lacerations. Get your facts right!
Honored Contributor

What RN reported is what we heard too.  Now I'm hearing that he may try to practice on Saturday.  Still, that hit was uncalled for.

Honored Contributor

@NONICKNAME wrote:
RetRN: your diagnosis is incorrect- Jordy has 2 broken ribs. No collapsed lung, no splenic lacerations. Get your facts right!

Thank you for your kind, caring, thoughtful post. Sorry I am not perfect as you must be. Simply reported what I read in paper and saw on TV.