Honored Contributor

Re: ESPN MASS EXODUS AND HOUSE CLEANING

[ Edited ]

@SPURT  Speaking of FOX, Yes indeed -- 12noon on the east coast is where I'm parked for Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael and Jimmy!  The best!!

I'll see your Micheal Irvin, and I'll raise you a Deion Sanders -  UGH! 

I met James Brown in a restaurant in DC a couple of years ago.  He came up to me thinking he knew me (not a come on, his wife and family were all there), he just wouldn't let it go.  It was so funny.  Very nice guy.

Honored Contributor

You can't go wrong with a guy named Bruschi. Smiley LOL Of course my two favorites are Kurt Warner & Marshall Faulk. Smiley Wink

It seems like every sports channel have their share of hosts and/or analysts that are unwatchable. Even the MLB Network, which I watch more than any other sports channel, has its share. Calling Eric Byrnes, a former MLB player, an analyst is an insult to the other analysts. He sounds more like a fan whose answer to every teams problem is to go and sign a free agent. Christopher Russo has a talk show and all he does is shout.

Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

You can't go wrong with a guy named Bruschi. Smiley LOL Of course my two favorites are Kurt Warner & Marshall Faulk. Smiley Wink

It seems like every sports channel have their share of hosts and/or analysts that are unwatchable. Even the MLB Network, which I watch more than any other sports channel, has its share. Calling Eric Byrnes, a former MLB player, an analyst is an insult to the other analysts. He sounds more like a fan whose answer to every teams problem is to go and sign a free agent. Christopher Russo has a talk show and all he does is shout.

@brewhaha  I don't think Marshall Faulk  likes the Cowboys at all---which makes him a favorite with me....LOL Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@fuzzball76@What an untalented bunch those Golics are...a genuine case of "it's not what you know,it's who you know."

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

In order to give my mind a break, I USED TO listen to sports talk radio.

I can't listen much anymore.

I don't tune in to hear their opinions on politics or social issues.

And some of the hosts just make fun of their callers, which I find supremely rude.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Most of the hosts on ESPN have decided we are all entitled to their political opinions....nobody watches ESPN to hear that! We turn it on to hear scores or to watch a game...can't clean house soon enough! 

Honored Contributor

I saw on Twitter that Kalela from PTI (behind the scenes) left yesterday for Bleacher Report, so they are definitely cleaning house.

As long as Tony & Mike continue on with PTI, I'm fine with the changes on some of these (what I call) "filler shows" before and after the actual games.

I think this channel has lost its way and is looking at money over substance.  Some of the great anchors from the very beginning have been shuffled to the back corners and are not used effectively in favor of younger "pretty" people.

I rarely turn on Sports Center anymore unless one of my favorites is hosting.  I used to love this show back in the day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

ESPN used to be my go to station. With Tom Jackson leaving, I don't think I'll be watching anymore.I wonder who is taking everyone's places?