Honored Contributor

Anyone watching the womens gymnastics?

[ Edited ]

they will be announcing the U.S. Olympic team in two weeks (on a Sunday's). That Simone Biles is amazing! I hope Laurie Hernandez makes the team, she is fun to watch, especially on floor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the womens gymnastics?

@HappyDaze - I watched....Simone is a little rocket!  So many wee ones......short, but very talented!  Isn't Simone 4'9"??? Just amazing talent....now let's see what gabby will do!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD I am a bit disappointed in Gabby's attitude- she was always so smiley and happy and upbeat, like Simone is, but now...she is so serious and seems so unhappy. I wonder what happened?

Yeah, I think Simone is uner 5'! And the one Ragan girl- shocked when they said she would be 16 soon. She doesn't look older than 13!!

I was bummed I missed the men's gymnastics- I had no idea it was on!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze - the commentators were discussing gabby's demeanor.....I think it's fine if she is focused, but they were alluding to an attitude in her.....we shall see! Oh ya, and Laurie was amazing too!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze I watched the men's gymnastic Olympic trials.  Some amazing feats of strength and lots of muscular eye candy. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@HappyDaze I watched the men's gymnastic Olympic trials.  Some amazing feats of strength and lots of muscular eye candy. 

hahaha @deepwaterdotter, two reasons I was bummed I missed it! Cat Wink

Trusted Contributor

I also hope Gabby does well, but I noticed the same thing the reporters mentioned about her seeming "different/focused" --- she didn't even let any of the other girls hug and congratulate her after she finished the balance beam last night, she walked right past them! 

The little Biles girl is fantastic!!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

they will be announcing the U.S. Olympic team in two weeks (on a Sunday's). That Simone Biles is amazing! I hope Laurie Hernandez makes the team, she is fun to watch, especially on floor.

@HappyDaze, I didn't know that you followed gymnastics. Smiley Happy

I follow some of the Cycling events on various NBC channels including NBC Universal. -- They frequently replay the cycling events at a later time, so youmight want to check their various channels to see if the Men's gymnastics is being replayed. Smiley Happy

-- bebe, a Wimbledon Tennis and Tour de France fan Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Gymnastics is my favorite part of the Olympics. Didn't Gabby ,or her family, have a reality show? That may have gone to her head and got her off track?  As far as Simone Biles, I've never seen anything like her, she's amazing

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well they announced the team and the only one I disagree with is Gabby although a bit surprised Madison made it over Ashton. I honestly thought mckayla deserved it as she was more consistent than Gabby. I felt like they threw Gabby a bone because she was on the team before. We shall see. I will eat my words if she pulls it out at the Olympics. 

So happy Laurie made it! She's a great gymnast and a doll - just a great personality. I'm also happy for Ali as she proved she could do it and didn't cave under the pressure.