Respected Contributor

Any Lions fans (LOL) out there?

Just posting to express my disgust with the team from ownership on down.  Not one person is to blame.  It is the entire organization.  The Ford family needs to see the team as they obviously have no desire to win a championship.  The team is just a tax write off for the family.  Although I am a staunch supporter of buying American cars, please STOP BUYING FORD AUTOMOBILES until something is done with this team!  And do NOT buy any NFL merchandise supporting the Lions even it is in a mocking way.

This is the only way the Ford family will realize we fans are serious.

Oh, and one last thing, I will forever bleed Honolulu blue!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Lions fans (LOL) out there?

The fans in the Washington, DC area have felt this way for years about their team.  It's dismal really.  My husband continues to watch games and follow the team via TV and sports radio.  I have given up watching - don't care at this point as it seems like a complete waste of three hours.  We have friends that have given up their (in years past and for years wait-listed) season tickets.  It's sad.  The last few weeks have shown some improvement but it's not much considering Mr. Snyder has been mismanaging the franchise/team since he bought it.

I'm sorry about the Lions and hope things get better!!  Hang in there.

Esteemed Contributor

We had season tickets in the Barry Sanders era.  Actually we had 4 tickets and could never find anyone that wanted to go with us LOL.  I lost interest a LONG time ago.  My husband is die hard.  He reads about them online and watches every game. 

VERY SAD SITUATION in Detroit.........

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

The fans in the Washington, DC area have felt this way for years about their team.  It's dismal really.  My husband continues to watch games and follow the team via TV and sports radio.  I have given up watching - don't care at this point as it seems like a complete waste of three hours.  We have friends that have given up their (in years past and for years wait-listed) season tickets.  It's sad.  The last few weeks have shown some improvement but it's not much considering Mr. Snyder has been mismanaging the franchise/team since he bought it.

I'm sorry about the Lions and hope things get better!!  Hang in there.

@aggravated  My husband told me to say that at least Washington has been to a Super Bowl.  The Lions have not.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I understand your frustration and that of the DC team (since I live in the metro-DC area).  Rarely do I watch the games any more.  But sorry, OP, I'm a long-time Ford owner, so I can't support you there.   

Trusted Contributor

Well, there is that.  I believe that was when the team was owned by Jack Kent Cook.  Really long time ago.  My sympathies.

Valued Contributor

LOL at the Lions?  I am doing the COL (crying out loud) at my KC Chiefs!  Just awful.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

RockChalk

At least your team has been to and won some superbowls!!  The last time we won anything was the year before I was born (1957) and it wasn't even the superbowl era yet.  

There is NO organization as bad as the Lions in the NFL

And Tends, your hubby is right, the Skins have been there also!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

WE GOT A WIN!!!!

Frequent Contributor

While I personally do not qualify as a super football fan, other family members are and I spend a lot of time with family members  watching football games.   That said, Seattle Seahawks did beat the Lions --on a technicality!  A very obscure rule.  The point is:   The Lion's Coach was  Super Class about the loss.     One could see the pain of the loss on his face as he discussed the Very Close  loss in an after-game interview.   The players appeared to work very hard and together  during the game.  My opinion as a none-football expert is that we should  respect the Detroit Lions as a hard-working and a classy team.   Thank You.