Honored Contributor

Re: 2016-2017 hockey season, scores, news, spoilers, all are welcome. :)

[ Edited ]

Hi hockey fans, Smiley Happy

Rangers played late last night on the west coast. They played the Kings and won 3-0 with Raanta in goal. 

Tonight, they play the Ducks.  Hank is supposed to be in goal.  YAY!! Hank is back!  

As I catch up with posts and emails, I'm watching the Wild/Wings game!  @redwingsgal root for your boys!  LGRW!  Score is tied as of now.  

ETA:  Woohooo! An overtime win for the RW!! 

Today is a big day of hockey. At 5:00 eastern, we'll be watching the Devils. At 7:00 eastern, I'll peak in and out of the Flyers/Pens game on NBCSN.   At 9:00 eastern, I'll be watching my Rangers. 

@Preds tomorrow, I'll be watching the Preds/Islanders game.   I'll be rooting for your Preds!! 

Hope you are all doing well.   Have a great week. Smiley Happy

OT:  baseball fans......new seaon start is 1 week away.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

That was a nice win for the Wings on national TV!!  We are starting to look like we may be gelling as a unit.  Will help for next year

Cant wait for baseball season now!!!

Still counting on a Rangers/Preds finals!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Rangers lost Sunday night.  I didn't watch most of the game, so I am not sure what happened.

Maybe someone else can fill me in. These west coast games are killing me. lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Wings won again in OT!!  5 wins out of last 7 

Makes me feel better about next season, seems like the kids are gelling more as a unit.

However, last night's game ended in a very somber moment.  Mathanisiou scored the game winner in OT.  He was cross checked by Rask and fell into Lack (goalie).  Lack laid on the ice for many minutes as both teams stood by (even though the game was over no one left the ice nor the arena).  After a long while, the took Lack off on a stretcher to a standing ovation by the crowd (including many Wings fans) and the players, all of whom were still on the ice.

I see this morning that he was release from the hospital last night, with no major injuries. God is good.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal

Wings sure looked like the potential is there in their last game I watched against my Rangers. Skill and speed, and best of all, youth and time to become more of a unit. Not much is better than TEAM Chemistry when it comes to winning, in any and all team sports. Stupid play by Rask and he should pay a price. I hate those nasty plays after a goal. Glad Lack was good enough to be released.

@dmod nj,

Summing up Ducks game in 1 word!  FACEOFFS !

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

@redwingsgal  I was relieved to read about Lack being released and ok. 

@hckynut thanks for the summary!!   I read the local writers' columns.  Pretty much said the same thing!!  Thanks so much!!

Tonight, the Rangers play the Sharks.   It's a late game, so I don't know how much I'll see.  

@Preds Nashville beat the Islanders. YAY!!  Good luck tonight against the Bruins!!  @PurpleBunny will you be watching?

Good luck to everyone's teams!!

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj Nope!  😡  They are too all over the board this year. Frustrating. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Good morning,

Rangers clinched a playoff spot and lost the game.    I watched only a bit of the first.   I can only guess by the score that Hank is still finding his way back and the guys were not playing their best????   

Next game is Friday against the Pens.    *shaking hands with @JillyMarie

How did your team do? 

Respected Contributor

Wings were officially out as of Tuesday, sad day in Motown .....

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Wings were officially out as of Tuesday, sad day in Motown .....

@redwingsgal Woman Sad I'm sorry!

OT:  My Jon visited The Joe. http://www.mlive.com/music/index.ssf/2017/03/bon_jovi_rocks_detroit_with_tw.html#incart_river_home