Honored Contributor

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

"pickles"________________ To answer your question about what team I root for when my Rangers are eliminated. I always want to see "their conference" team win. I don't watch as many Western Conference games as I do in the Eastern Confrrence. I pay much more attention to how my team ranks during the season, as that is what determines who makes the Playoffs. Last season Ranger fans were not faced with that decision, but I said before going into The Cup Finals, I felt the LA Kings were the better team. Unfortunately I was right.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

John, thanks so much for the summary. How are you feeling? Better, I hope.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 6/4/2015 Preds said:
On 6/4/2015 Alley Catvocate said: Ahh Preds your DH is a wise man.... Smiley Happy

Of course he is ... he "caught" me! LOL {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Your Dh is one...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2015 dmod said:

John, thanks so much for the summary. How are you feeling? Better, I hope.

Donna,

Thanks for you well wishes. Going to the doctor within the hour and get a blood draw and my monthly B-12 shot. Feeling better, but something still isn't quite right. With some luck it won't be another major issue. Both Cindy and I have had more than enough of these the last few years.

Enjoy giving my summary after the games. Have had a lot of practice over the years doing this with my own Adult Hockey League. For many of the 52 years since I started this league, I have had a little newsletter that I would send out every so often to the players and giving them a summary of what I thought of our games. Since e-mail became the thing, it is a lot easier for me to do this and also can do them much closer to the games.

You would be surprised how little players know when it comes to what actually happens during some of the games. The see what they want to see in their heads, and what actually has happened on the ice is not even close to their "visions". When I was injured years ago I used to video tape(old VHS tapes) our games from the bleachers. Some of the times I would take the VCR and a TV set to the bar after the games and play the tape for the guys that showed up. Some of them couldn't believe what actually was happening during the game, and their play, when they see it on video, and with me calling the play by play.

Really hated to see our Rangers go out, but Tampa was a team I was concerned with even when they played them during the regular season. To me they have the better overall team, but players names and talent doesn't always equal winning Championships. All teams need everything to come together at the right time for them to win the Stanley Cup, and I see this series as being no different.

Not really into to baseball. Maybe because we have never really had any type of pro team here that I thought I wanted to spend my money to watch. However, that doesn't mean I can wish your team the best this season.

Hope all is well with you and yours, and take care now,

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Latest Rangers injury updates....both are copied and pasted from the Rangers site.

Marc Staal had a bone chip removed from his ankle yesterday. He is expected to be fully recovered prior to training camp.

Dan Girardi underwent a bursa excision on his ankle. He is expected to be fully recovered prior to training camp.

Lots of chatter about Marty not being asked back to the Rangers. Lots of chatter about trading Nash for a proven playoff scorer. No one named in particular.

And........signing all the young ones that need to be locked into a contract over the summer.

John, I'm sorry you are not 100%. Continued good thoughts so you feel like yourself really soon.

I have learned so much from your summaries throughout the years. I can't thank you enough for the time you put into them.

So many of the guys, during Breakup Day, said they are so close.....................and hope to complete the mission next year! I surely hope so.

I can understand why, in the fast paced action of playing, things are forgotten or not remembered the way they happened.

Thanks for the wishes for the Yankees. They need them! Pass the Tums to me, please. lol

My son is headed back to Boston after being home for a month. I am going to MISS him. I will also miss watching the playoffs with him.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

Hi guys..

John, as always, your post is absolutely fascinating. I found it specially interesting when you said how little the players actually know while on the ice during the game. I suppose most of the playing is done on instinct.

Penalties are always interesting to me. Sometimes they look very deliberate but occasionally they look very accidental. They are such a subjective thing.

On another note, it's hard to wait 3 days between games. Seems like forever. I can understand when there's travel time involved but not so much when home games are involved.

Well, one more day to go!!!

ETA: Donna my Angels are in town (NYC) to play a series with your Yankees. GO ANGELS {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Hey Mom, you beat me to it. I was just going to post about the baseball game. Join in on the Yankees thread. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Red Wings fans....

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/report-jeff-blashill-to-be-named-red-wings-coach-next-week/

Super Contributor

Thanks for answering my weird question {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I guess I'm the only one who is mean and petty and wants the team that beat mine to hurt. I want to see them cry. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Mom relates, but she's much nicer about it.

Donna has a very rational way of deciding it.

John goes for the EC.

Me, well you know how I feel {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

pickles, I'm not very rational. lol I'm more sentimental. But, there are some teams, that just are a no go! lol lol

I can be mean and petty too!! I can want the team that beat my team to hurt too. For me, just depends on the certain teams.

Trust me, I am no angel. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}