Honored Contributor

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

CONGRATS HAWKS!!!!! DH was right dang it! LOL

Oh Gooday ... Love me some fruity drinks!!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Gotta' keep it healthy, ya' know!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2015 dmod said:

Did Shaw bite Hedman??? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/03/did-andrew-shaw-bite-victor-hedman/?utm_network=faceb...

In fact, Tampa Bay appeared to frustrate the Blackhawks to the point of biting: Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman believes Chicago's Andrew Shaw bit him on the torso during a scrum after the whistle in the second period. Hedman lifted his jersey on the bench to show the bruise.

KINKY! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Gooday, you can never have enough "healthy" drinks, I say!! LOL Smiley Happy You do post awesome pictures. Smiley Happy

Preds, {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

EMT, I think the extra day off was for stadium availability. I think I read that in Hockey News on FB.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

Ahh Preds your DH is a wise man.... Smiley Happy
Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2015 Alley Catvocate said: Ahh Preds your DH is a wise man.... Smiley Happy

Of course he is ... he ""caught"" me! LOL

Valued Contributor

On 6/4/2015 Preds said:
On 6/4/2015 Alley Catvocate said: Ahh Preds your DH is a wise man.... Smiley Happy

Of course he is ... he "caught" me! LOL {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Your Dh is one...

Super Contributor

GOOOOOOOOOO HAWKS!

I'm going to repost a question I posed a while back. I hope more people will chime in:

When your team loses a round in a championship series do you want to see the winning team eliminated asap or go on to win the title?

I usually want them eliminated asap (there's that bitterness {#emotions_dlg.laugh} ), but if they go on to win the title does that somehow soften the defeat of your team? Because they lost to "the best"? I go back and forth.

Valued Contributor

On 6/4/2015 pickleslarue said:

GOOOOOOOOOO HAWKS!

I'm going to repost a question I posed a while back. I hope more people will chime in:

When your team loses a round in a championship series do you want to see the winning team eliminated asap or go on to win the title?

I usually want them eliminated asap (there's that bitterness {#emotions_dlg.laugh} ), but if they go on to win the title does that somehow soften the defeat of your team? Because they lost to "the best"? I go back and forth.

Well Pickles,

I think I said it before but you ask a hard question. It's hard to cheer for the team that beats you. In my case that would be the Hawks. I suppose that is, in some small way, the reason I'm cheering for the Bolts.

Not the only reason though. We have friends and relatives who live in Florida and are huge Lightning fans. I would love to see them win for that reason too.

Whoever wins. it will be a wonderful thing for their fans.

Honored Contributor

pickles, for me, it depends on the teams involved. For example, if the Rangers lost the EC to the Islanders, there is no way I'm rooting for the Islanders. There is a rivalry/history between the teams. No way in hades I'd ever root for the Pens with some of their current players.

I am rooting for the Bolts, because of the former Rangers on the team. There is no history with the Bolts. I even said in my OP that I was rooting for them this year.

For me, if my team is out of it, many times, I pick the team with former Rangers or my friend's team.

Hope that makes sense. {#emotions_dlg.blink}It makes sense in my mind..............{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}............... No comments from the peanut gallery please. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Bolts/Hawks Game 1__________A good example of what happens when a high speed offensive team goes into "Prevent Defense" mode. It was very apparent to me from their fore checking scheme in the 3rd period, the Bolts were playing to protect their lead, not increase it. Why? Beats me, but when you go to a 1 man low/2 men high fore checking scheme, it is not a sign of wanting more puck control time. Congrats to the Hawks coaching staff on recognizing and capitalizing with changing their scheme, and congrats to the Hawks and their fans on a well and smart played game. The team that played the best of this 60 minute game prevailed, and rightfully so.
hckynut(john)