Super Contributor

need advice! walking shoes for trip

I have been going crazy trying to find a nice pair of walking shoes for our trip to Italy. I'd like comfort but ones I can wear with skirts and capris that dont scream tourist. Would love suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: need advice! walking shoes for trip

@beach ladydrb

Have you tried Pikolinos?

I have ones like this (from last year) that I wear with skirts/pants.

Pikolinos Elba W4B-5529

I also like El Naturalista.  I have a pair like this, but two tone.

El Naturalista Colibri N466

Trusted Contributor

I've been wearing Clarks In Motion shoes to europe for several years. They come in different styles, and they do make a sandal. Although you don't want to look like a tourist, it is more important that your feet don't hurt. That can ruin a vacation.

Super Contributor

Thanks,they are  pretty but i want something without a heel.

Super Contributor

I just ordered an as is pair of the in motion shoes so I hope they work!

Trusted Contributor

We've been to Italy and France (lots of walking) and I wore Clarks Wave.  The style looks like a Mary Jane. 

Esteemed Contributor

Anything by Munro American. I think they're the best shoes made.

Honored Contributor

ECCO!  ECCO! ECCO!  Their sandals are beyond wonderful! For walking you can't beat them and the velcro straps do allow  you to adjust them as your feet swell or the shoes need adjusting during the day.  Also, they are easy on and easy off that way.  They wear like iron too--I have had pairs last for years and walked in them all summer.

Honored Contributor

You're going to be going up and down cobblestone streets. I recommend SAS shoes and sandals. Personally I'd get the sandals. They are wonderful, and I've walked all day in them on trips, and even once while pregnant. My feet never bothered me! I still have the two I wore 20 years ago, and I've added to those two pairs since then! They are made in San Antonio, Texas. I also like Birkenstocks. jThree years ago, I wore a pair of those, with backstraps, and climbed to the top of Watkins Glen in New York State (about 1-1/2 miles). Smiley Happy

Contributor

Agree!  I recently bought a pair of Ecco black-patent flip flops, and love them!  The are casual and super comfortable.  Good sole without looking orthotic.  GREAT for lots of walking!  Almost bought the Vionic, but decided they looked too matronly/orthotic.  The Ecco flip flops were $100, but worth every penny!