Not applicable

Has something happened to Bruce Makowsky? I haven't seen him for some time on QVC. Also Macy's and Lord & Taylor here in New York carried his handbags. All of a sudden they are no longer available at either store. Anyone know what's up with him and his line?

New Contributor

Re: WHERE IS BRUCE MAKOWSKY?

What happened to Bruce Makowsky? He and is his have not been seen or heard from

New Contributor

What has happened to Bruce Makowsky and his wife?

Respected Contributor

We used to have a QVC outlet in our town, it closed this past Dec.  Anyway, they always had tons of BMak bags.  I was told their stock came from returns and over-stocked items.  Perhaps the demand for his bags dried up or he went in another direction. 

Honored Contributor

For what it's worth, there is a story that says he owes a partner almost two million for an oral breach of contract.  That amount is likely not so much for Mr. Makowsky since he not only sold his line to a Chinese company for about 400 million in 2008 (per the article here: http://www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/2014/06/6846/), but he apparently tends to flip Beverly Hills real estate making nice profits (per other articles that you can look up yourselves - there are several).

Of course, none of that directly explains why he is not here, although the lawsuit is likely to be one of the reasons.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Hi, In response to B.M. I bought one handbag about 4 years ago and the first and only. After approx. 6 months, I noticed the straps began to peel from the original handbag material, just like a snake sheds it's skin for a better way of understanding it. I called QVC as I was not used to paying that much for a handbag, and for that price it was actually peeling apart before my eyes. C.S. said there was nothing they could do as they did not have that bag anymore. After that I bet I saw B.M. one more time on QVC. And at that time I had QVC on all the time as background entertainment, while working around the house and at the time they had much more variety than the did not. I remember there program guide would be full of different things. I looked at several customer reviews and the EXACT same complaint was at least 70% of the reviews on that particular bag. It was one of my favorite bags I have ever had. It was red and had alot of gold looking hardware. Did any of you have this complaint? Maybe things got really bad on quality.  Please respond I am very curious.      Alleycat

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information, interesting.

Trusted Contributor

The information I had stated that he and his wife owed "mega money" everywhere and have left the country.

Honored Contributor

He has moved on to bigger and better things. He never stood behind his product. If it was defective or poorly made he couldn't have cared less. He did a money grab and moved on.

He's now wheeling and dealing in California real estate, have sold his company to a Chinese firm.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I had the same problem with one of his bags.  It was a TSV bag that I really liked, but in less than two months the straps were doing exactly what you described.  I called QVC and they did take it back and refund me.  I think there  were a lot of similar complaints.