Honored Contributor

Yikes! Why are the Vionics getting so expensive?

I'm a Vionic flip-flop lover (usually buy on clearance or sale at our local Bealls) but $99 for a slip-on seems high. I haven't seen sneaks or other styles in stores to try on before I buy off Q.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vionics - Espadrilles $$$

bealls florida has them on sale for $100....qvc for $99.95.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

IMO - a ridiculous price for a canvas shoe.

Honored Contributor

Whatever the price of a "regular" shoe might be, you have to look at it this way - a pair of removable Vionic orthotics is $40, so most of the time, a pair of Vionics will be about $40 higher than a pair of shoes you would buy without orthotics. The cheapest decent, i.e. not Payless, flat espadrilles are about $40-60, so adding on another $40 ...

There's no reason to pay it if you don't need the Vionic orthotic footbed. But I can't imagine why people even consider buying Vionics if they don't need that specific orthotic footbed.

I have noticed that there are almost no true sale prices on Vionics at all any more. If there is a full range of sizes available, the shoes will be the same price *everywhere* they are available, no matter where it is. They only drop the prices on the ones that don't sell due to issues people have, or where there are only a few sizes left, otherwise there are no longer bargains to be had.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all