Esteemed Contributor

Vionic shoes worth the money?

I look for comfort in shoes after wearing heels for so long. My favorites are Clarks and Sketchers. Are Vionics better?

How does the sizing compare to Clarks?

Contributor

Re: Vionic shoes worth the money?

I like all three brands! Clarks because they are light weight, Sketchers for their athletic/comfort and LOVE and live in Vionics...and yes, the are worth the money! In terms of fit, I have the most difficult time sizing myself into the Vionics. My foot is betweem M and W and sometimes they are too narrow. However, sometimes during the presentation it will be noted that a style would not be a good fit for a W.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had two pairs of Vionics slippers  (long story, trying to figure out what was "wrong" with me due to pain) - my only complaint was that the interior fabric got a little, well, slimy, pretty quickly.

I have also realized that the "orthotic" function of the line doesn't work for me; I "supinate" rather than "pronate".  But that's just me.

I also have some Clarks, and I have found the Vionics to run bigger than the Clarks, by maybe a half size (and the slippers were very WIDE on my particular foot, which is generally a M).  HTH

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I only have the flip flops but I find them very comfortable and well worth the money.

Trusted Contributor

I'm crazy about them !! womanhappy:

Honored Contributor

I have some of the old Dr. Weil's Vionics that I love, some of the flipflops and dress sandals that only work for short term, definitely not for evey day.

My foot size is really somewhere in the neighborhood of 9- 9 1/2- 10 M and/or W. My Dr. Weil Suede Loafers (no longer sold at QVC or maybe not anywhere) are 10M, fit perfectly even with a sock.

The sandals, dressy, strappy and pretty, may be a size smaller. Even though a WIDE shoe is usually better for me, in these, I don't know.

I REALLY LOVED the recent TSV loafers but hesitated to order because of the sizing. 

I know my comments aren't very helpful, but just want to point out that sizing MAY be an issue.

Respected Contributor

i have all three brands, and i love them equally.  lately, however, i have been focusing on clarks and vionic because the style of sketchers that i have is hitting me in a sore spot.  hoping that this spot will heal and i can wear my sketchers again some day soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I have some of the old Dr. Weil's Vionics that I love, some of the flipflops and dress sandals that only work for short term, definitely not for evey day.

My foot size is really somewhere in the neighborhood of 9- 9 1/2- 10 M and/or W. My Dr. Weil Suede Loafers (no longer sold at QVC or maybe not anywhere) are 10M, fit perfectly even with a sock.

The sandals, dressy, strappy and pretty, may be a size smaller. Even though a WIDE shoe is usually better for me, in these, I don't know.

I REALLY LOVED the recent TSV loafers but hesitated to order because of the sizing. 

I know my comments aren't very helpful, but just want to point out that sizing MAY be an issue.

Sounds like we have the same size feet....LOL

Respected Contributor

I had professional orthotics made for my shoes, but in the summer I love Vionics since you can't wear your orthotics with open shoes.  They are comfortable and have prevented me from going to the chiropractor the last couple of years on a regular basis.  They keep my spine straight.  I used to wear regular sandals (without orthotics) and inevitably I would end up at the chiro getting an adjustment.  I haven't had the need.

Honored Contributor

I find that high hard arch in the Vionics to be extremely uncomfortable and the shoes cheaply made.  I've been wearing Alegria shoes and find that I just feel better all over when I wear them.  They give good support and would probably last a lifetime.  Somehow, I've accumulated about a dozen pairs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment