Honored Contributor

Was that the same Vionic man that's always done the Vionic shoes?

He looked different. Was that his brother ?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch that man nor that product; but (honestly) how can one demo - the magic marker - be shown year after year after year?  Don't expect it to ever go away which is why many of us have just stopped watching the Q.

Honored Contributor

IMO his magic marker demo is very effective at demonstrating what these shoes do for you that other shoes can't do. 

Honored Contributor

There are two Vionic men.  They do sort of look alike.  Liam is the main magic marker maker and has the accent.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

IMO his magic marker demo is very effective at demonstrating what these shoes do for you that other shoes can't do. 

There are many shoes that have built in arch supports and claim to correct pronation.  I have a serious pronation problem and even had unsuccessful surgery to try to correct it.  I know those slides Vionic sell by the bus load offer no support, in fact most of their shoes don't.  You'll never see an knowledgeable shoe fitter sell a shoe to a person who pronates unless the shoe surrounds and supports the foot.

Honored Contributor

My podiatrist highly supports wearing vionic flip flops. So I will trust his opinion over a poster on a shopping channel board.

Honored Contributor

@151949  Please feel free to think what you will but what you're saying doesn't even make sense and I thought you were a fortress of common sense.  I'd find a new podiatrist.  I've bought shoes in a specialty shoe store and they don't even stock the flip flop style.  It's owned by a podiatrist and a pedorthist who specializes in fitting diabetics.

Honored Contributor

With a diabetic they are interested in making certain the feet are protected from getting any sores or wounds for reasons that have nothing to do with arch support.  The vionic shoes are for arch support - diabetes is another issue entirely.

Honored Contributor

I don't have diabetes, but I do have problem feet. I've four surgeries for various ailments. On one visit my daughter accompanied me. She asked my doctor what she can do to prevent developing such problems. One of his answers was NO Flip-Flips. Evar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  We're any of your surgeries Successful?  The one I had was to shorten the tendons in the hope they'd give better support.  I was completely off my feet in a wheelchair 6 weeks and then on a walker with a big boot for another 6 weeks.  After all that it didn't work.

That's how I spent my first 3 months of retirement.