Frequent Contributor

Good morning. Hopefully someone can help me. My husband and i are going to

Las Vegas in August. We do love to walk up and down the strip.As i wear Vionic 

sandals more often than other brands because of my feet pronating outward, I am

wondering what type of sandal might be a good idea for all that walking? The 

sandals don't have to be the Vionic brand. I would prefer them to be a summery white.

Thanks for any input.

Trusted Contributor

As one who lives in the Las Vegas area, I do not recommend walking the Strip in August.  That is one of the hottest months of the year.  Better to walk in the evening, but it is miles and miles long.  A few of the hotels connect together by a tram or you can pay to take the monorail.  You will definitely need good walking shoes and bottled water.  I love Clarks sandals.

Honored Contributor

I also live near Las Vegas and you won't be walking the Strip too much in August unless you have a high tolerance for heat and sun.  Even at night it can be over 100 degrees.  I too like Clark's sandals, Easy Spirit or Naturalizer.  Vionics are beyond my price point.

Respected Contributor

another reccomendation that walking Vegas in August is too hot for sure during the day,  and even after dark... All that pavement soaks up the heat and radiates  it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vionic fan.

[ Edited ]

If I was going to do a lot of walking on cement,  I would not wear a sandal.   Even with the world's best footbed,  they don't give much support.   Don't let anyone tell you a sandal with no sides,  a slide,  is going to support your foot.   Neither Clark's or Naturalized is going to help much either.   You need a sturdy shoe with firm sides and heel. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thank-you all for your responses. We purposely picked August because we 

wanted to see how hot it does get. We are thinking of moving out in that general

direction, maybe more towards Northwest Nevada. LOL. .. I will check out footwear.

Frequent Contributor

2 of 2... We love the heat and warmth.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy a sandal, I'd buy a good walking shoe. It won't be as cute as a sandal, but I did the cute sandal thing in Vegas and regretted it when I couldn't walk the next day.

My best advice:

Walking shoes

Prioritize function over form

Buy a monorail pass