Super Contributor

Re: Upcoming GILI Roma 2 TSV Questions :)

On 5/10/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/10/2014 Mistic said:

I guess I will have to wait to see the Blush on TV. I want the more towards pink, and it doesn't sound like it is. Thanks for the heads up. My wallet will probably say thanks, but I am still getting the tan ostrich.

I wouldn't give up on the blush. The pictures I've seen of it definitely show a pinkish rather than completely neutral tint, but if you want a seriously pink bag this one probably isn't it. It's a pretty color, from what I've seen. I have the natural ostrich and brown-black snake in the Roma 'medium' , whatever they were calling the dark brown in Roma II and white ostrich in the large Roma, but I'm tempted by black, white ostrich in the smaller size, the light snake and think the brown lizard is pretty, but too much like the brown-black snake to consider... I don't care for the metallic at all. My limit is one more, if that, so I'd like to see the bag presented before ordering, but also don't want to do waitlist...

Recently posted on LR's FB:

Valued Contributor

You gals are killing me! This bag looks fabulous. I recently sent back the Dooney Logo Lock and was thinking of waiting to get an orYANY but I know I'm getting this GILI instead. I am definitely ordering the ostrich but I'm almost tempted to get a 2nd one. That blush is beautiful but I'm worried about it getting dirty. Also not sure if it would go with my style of dress. I'm a blue jeans girls 24/7 and the blush just looks a little too fancy for jeans. What do you all think? I'm going to order this tomorrow as soon as the Facebook link is available. Can't wait!

Trusted Contributor

On 5/10/2014 Mistic said:

I guess I will have to wait to see the Blush on TV. I want the more towards pink, and it doesn't sound like it is. Thanks for the heads up. My wallet will probably say thanks, but I am still getting the tan ostrich.

Someone asked this question on FB and Erin, who answers most of the questions for Lisa said it is more of a peachy pink vs pinky pink unfortunately. When I look at the online photo I don't see any peach in it. I hate that the camera can't capture the true color. But then we have that problem on the Q as well.

Honored Contributor

The indoor pictures posted in response #32, which I'd also seen on Lisa's FB page, pretty much clearly show it as more of a peachy pink, though it looks a bit more pale pink in outside lighting. Personally, I know I don't want the blush, but think it's a really pretty color and, to me anyway, much nicer, richer looking and versatile than would be more of a Dooney-like pink. It seems that if this bag was intended to be a true pink, they'd have called it something other than 'blush'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2014 Tsukiko said:

You gals are killing me! This bag looks fabulous. I recently sent back the Dooney Logo Lock and was thinking of waiting to get an orYANY but I know I'm getting this GILI instead. I am definitely ordering the ostrich but I'm almost tempted to get a 2nd one. That blush is beautiful but I'm worried about it getting dirty. Also not sure if it would go with my style of dress. I'm a blue jeans girls 24/7 and the blush just looks a little too fancy for jeans. What do you all think? I'm going to order this tomorrow as soon as the Facebook link is available. Can't wait!

I think it would work just fine with casual wear and that you could dress it up or down, as you wish.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 5/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/11/2014 Tsukiko said:

I think it would work just fine with casual wear and that you could dress it up or down, as you wish.

Agree with stevieb. I think it would look great with jeans! And dressed up too.

KJPA