Honored Contributor

UGGS were made for dry weather and to be worn on sand as surfers use them to protect their feet from the hot temps the sand can reach.

I didn't know this and wore them in snow... I slipped and fell and the wetness of slush goes right through the suede. They stained but cleaned up well and I then used the water/stain protector UGGS sells.

The company makes boots specifically for snow, ice, rain and slush. Very sturdy and well made; I purchased a paid and love them but use my "regular" UGGS for home use and around town during dry but very cold weather. Love them.

Honored Contributor

I bought the classic short.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

got my first pair and LOVE them ! So comfortable and warm. Great boot

Uggs come in every style imaginable.  I have totally waterproof rain boots, military grade trench boots, smooth leather, suede, sweater knit, rubber..... no heel, short heel, high heel...  I came to love them after I severely damaged my toe and thought I'd eventually lose it.  The sheer comfort of my first pairs was such a relief, I chose Uggs every time a new shoe was needed.  Never disappointed, always in style, on trend !  Have you seen the new Bailey with big bows up the back , or the bootie with three belts and a real ole time leather sole or the die hard for real moto boots?    ? And they're not as outrageously expensive as they used to be.....

Honored Contributor

Yeah, didn't care for the bows .

I'm more of a classic person.  Can't wait to wear mine here in tx.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

UGGS were made for dry weather and to be worn on sand as surfers use them to protect their feet from the hot temps the sand can reach.

I didn't know this and wore them in snow... I slipped and fell and the wetness of slush goes right through the suede. They stained but cleaned up well and I then used the water/stain protector UGGS sells.

The company makes boots specifically for snow, ice, rain and slush. Very sturdy and well made; I purchased a paid and love them but use my "regular" UGGS for home use and around town during dry but very cold weather. Love them.

Sahmlam you are so right! I too wore them a few days after we had a snow. Although the walkway into work was shoveled, it was wet and snow packed slippery. When I hit the inside door...boom down I went! The soles held the packed snow and boy were they slippery. But yes they are very very warm and I size down one size so I can wear them without socks. They tend to fit large and if I order my regular size I need to wear heavy socks. Feet stay warm, dry and oh so toasty. I love my UGGS!

Frequent Contributor

Do you wear socks with Uggs? 

I just got a new pair and want to know what you guys think of this, since Ive heard they are meant to be wear without socks. 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@jay633 wrote:

Do you wear socks with Uggs? 

I just got a new pair and want to know what you guys think of this, since Ive heard they are meant to be wear without socks. 

Thanks!

I have quite a few pairs and never wear them with socks.  The lining will regulate your foot temp without socks. 

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's interesting how UGGS became so popular, I remember when southern California celebs were wearing these and being photographed wearing UGGS year round about 10 or more years ago. At the time fashion gurus totally hated UGGS. Fast forward to the present and UGGS and the knockoffs are a staple of people's wardrobes.

Valued Contributor

Fellow UGGsters: I just tried a tip I got from the Internet, and cleaned major water stains off my boots with dish soap. I'm surprised at how well it worked!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone have the Ugg Adirondack boots? I'm seriously considering a pair of them for the snow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval