Respected Contributor

A local shoe store with good brands participates in "Soles for Souls" in February.  Check your local stores.  I like the idea of the program although I do not have a lot of the specifics.  They are looking for shoes with some wear left in them.  They will be donated to people in poverty in this country and others where people are having a difficult time buying essentials like clothing and shoes. If you take a pair of shoes like that to this local store, you get a coupon for $5.00 off a new pair of shoes from their shop.  For this particular business, you can bring in up to 3 pairs for a coupon of $15.  To me it seems like a worthwhile program.  It helped me to cull my shoe rack too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Soles for souls

[ Edited ]

Wish I could find a store like that.   I've got 3 pairs of brand new men's shoes I've gotten from Zulily that weren't designated as men's shoes but were listed with the women's.   In each case they reimbursed me,  gave me $10., as a courtesy and told me to donate them.   Thought about going door to door in the neighborhood to see if any of the men could use them but decided this plan sounded too much like Cinderella, except it would be Cinderfella. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What a wonderful idea!  I think I'll google this and see if I can find a shoe store that does something similar.