Trusted Contributor

I have never owned a pair of Sketchers,but was thinking about getting a pair to keep by the door for taking the dog out.  There are so many kinds.  I'd like a slip-on with memory foam.  Bungee laces ok. I have a high arch and nerve damage in my feet ( not diabetic).  Can anyone recommend a style or if you have similar foot issues,have you tried Sketchers? I know.....another shoe question.  I hope this is the last!  

Thanks to all who offer advice.  All welcome and all appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sketchers question

[ Edited ]

@2zbeach

I bought the Sketchers Bungee sneakers A274240. They were really comfortable at first, but I found they had no support and my foot easily turned over and I started having foot/leg problems....  I went back to Ryka even though the price was higher I now get the support and comfort I need......This is just my personal experience.....I have an average sized foot and wear a size 7M.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My mother has fallen arches & owns a pair of Sketchers (not from Q).  She puts these gel pad thingies inside her shoes that she gets from the drug store.  I believe the manufacturer is Dr Scholl.  Her pads are spicifically for fallen arches.

She said wearing Sketchers is like walking on clouds.

My mother will be 92 next month.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

when I buy Skechers, I choose the ones that have the goga mat ONLY. I walk so much and have busted my foot, so I really need the soft padding. imo, the goga mat insole is a lot softer and bouncier than the memory foam insole. I wear my goga mat flip flops every single day and won't wear any other kind at home. 

Trusted Contributor

@2zbeach.  I have worn Sketchers for years.  I am 72.  I am still wearing some of the earlier ones.  When QVC and Sketchers came out with the go pods? (little soft pods on sole) I tried them.  I could feel the pods thru the sole of the sneakers and they hurt my feet.  After a week I returned.  Not to long ago I tried them again thinking newer generations might be better.  None of the sneakers my sneakers had arch supports. For summer fun I have several different fisherman sandals.  They have worked well and gave me the support I needed.  I will say because my feet are particular I had tried a few different brands of sneakers before buying.  When buying in the store I work on the hard floors for several minutes.  Buying on line I can't do that.  I saved money at Q but the "same exact shoe" did not feel nearly the same.  Were they made by different manufacturers?    Having read forums and comments elsewhere I have thought for some time QVC buys the rights to product designs and they have them made at a place of their choice.  I also have Clark's slip one that are my go to around the house.  Good luck.  Our feet have to last us a lifetime.

Trusted Contributor

Since you have a high instep the bungee lace styles might be difficult to push your foot into.  Some of them run very tight.  The regular slip-ons may work best for you.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I think you need to go to a store and try a few on. You can't go by what we say because we are all different even if we have some similar issues.

I've had all sorts of foot problems (no nerve problems) & have a high arch. My GoWalk 2 slip ons are favorites. Always comfortable, even for power walking. Some people have comfort food. These are my "comfort shoes" that I reach for over & over again. I don't think mine have memory foam.

Honored Contributor

I think you should try on in person.  I wear sketcher bungies with memory foam and love them.  I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo and can't wear any of my old shoes.  I buy them at Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

I own and love Sketchers.  It's true - it does feel like walking on marshmellows.  However, yesterday at a talk  on preventing falls  at my local Senior Center given by an Occupational Therapist, it was pointed out that shoes with these soft "squeshy" soles were dangerous.  They can cause you to drag and catch your foot and thus, result in a fall.  Interesting thought and true - since, more than once, I have found myself dragging and stubbing my toe. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks,everyone. After trying on a multitude of styles, I bought a pair with bungee laces yesterday for $18.75.  Figured at that price to take the plunge.  Glad I did,too....most comfy shoes I've worn in a long time. Now I'm looking for Go Walks,but so many styles and levels.  Thanks again,everyone!