Valued Contributor

I am so through with trying to find shoes that fit me.  I have ordered no less than 15 or 20 pairs of shoes in the past year.  All the same size:  11W.  I have had to return 48% because they were so small and tight I could not get my foot into it and I have had to return 48% because they were so large I could not take two steps without them flopping off my feet.  

Mind you they were the exact same size but not all different brands.  Mostly Clarks, some others.  WHY is it so hard for sizing to be consistent?  It is so hard to find cute professional comfortable office/work shoes that fit me.   I would exchange the big ones for a half size smaller, OH WAIT, no one makes shoes in a 10.5 for who knows what reason.

I've tried shopping at B&M stores, but do you know how many carry size 11?  Very few.  You know how many carry 11W?  Almost none.  I went into DSW last week--big huge massive DSW and guess how many pairs of 11 wides they had in the WHOLE store? ONE pair.  and they were hideous. 

Does anyone know of a shoe brand that has cute, non-heel, professional, wear-to-work-with-pants black shoes?  

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum

Maybe the problem is that you aren't "really" that size, like when some women are wearing the wrong sized bra.

Have you been measured by a professional at a shoe store?

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum

6pm- only one remains in 11W

Earth Elderberry

SKU: #8566440

• Be light on your feet but heavy on the head turns in the Elderberry pump from Earth®.
  • Calf leather upper in a feminine silhouette.
  • Easy slip-on style with front elastic for a comfortable fit.
  • Soft fabric lining for added comfort.
  • Generously cushioned leather-covered footbed for all-day comfort.
  • Durable rubber outsole.
  • Imported.
  • Measurements:
    • Heel Height: 1 1⁄2 in
    • Weight: 13 oz
Honored Contributor

@Tantallum

Both 11 W and WW remain-

Bella-Vita Thora

SKU: #8584313

• Fancy up any casual outfit with the versatile Thora.
  • Available in combination uppers with a metal chain detail at vamp.
  • Easy slip-on style.
  • Soft microfiber linings.
  • Cushioned footbed for added support.
  • Flexible man-made outsole.
  • Imported.
  • Measurements:
    • Weight: 6 oz

Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain, literally !

I have a wide foot and a high arch which makes shoe shopping awful. I probably have a 75% return rate when buying shoes online.

I found Easy Spirit usually has a decent fit and runs more true to size than most. I bought some driving mocs that are leather and fit well. Comfortable in the office but I still like a bit of a heel.

I tried 2 pair of Clarks. Wanted to love them but the cheaply made unisole where the heel and sole are molded into one piece are awful. I feel like I'm clunking around like Bride of Frankenstein!

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum

Onlineshoes.com

Walk around town while wearing the comfortable Kiara flat from Naturalizer, which features its signature N5 Comfort System that will ensure a comfortable, cushioned ride.
  • Item # 494006
  • Approx. ¼" heel height
  • Cushioned footbed
  • Decorative buckle accent
  • Fabric lining
  • Leather upper
  • N5 Comfort System
  • N5 COMFORT SYSTEM
  • Slip-on entry
  • Synthetic outsole

Style Number: E0664L2001
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sizing rant

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain. I have very narrow feet and must order all shoes online. Most brands' narrow sizes are not nearly narrow enough for me. I strongly recommend shoes from Munro American. They carry a wide array of hard to fit sizes. Really....and they're really well made. They are a bit pricey, but I've found that they last a long time and hold up well. More importantly, you can find shoes that fit. I'm confident you could find many great styles in an 11W.

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum

One remains- onlineshoes.com

When comfort and style are both priority one, look no further than the Ros Hommerson Nadia walking shoe. Offered in rich suede and sleek patent leather, this women's walking shoe adds flair to any outfit. The leather-covered, cushioned footbed lends comfort to every step. The Ros Hommerson Nadia casual shoe is finished with a textured rubber sole for durable traction.
  • Item # 378987
  • Approx. 1" heel height
  • Cushioned footbed
  • DRI-LEX®
  • Foam-cushioned footbed
  • Rubber sole
  • Side goring
  • Suede and embossed patent leather upper
  • Zip entry

Style Number: 62002-16

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Tantallum

Maybe the problem is that you aren't "really" that size, like when some women are wearing the wrong sized bra.

Have you been measured by a professional at a shoe store?

Thank you for the suggestions @lolakimono.  I have indeed been measured by a podiatrist.  I have been casted for orthotics and I am an 11W albeit on the cusp of medium and wide.  I have had leg/foot issues in the past because my left leg (whatever bone is from the knee to the ankle) is shorter than my right leg due to a fracture when I was still growing. 

I wear the orthotics for any type of distance walking but can get away without them for my desk job.  It would be great if I could find a pair of work shoes that I could fit in orthotics but now I'm just darn happy if I can fit into one even without it.  I don't seem to have as much issues with shoes with laces, because they are inherently adjustable but office shoes, forget it.  

It just irritates me because the same size shoe varies so much in size.  As an example, take Clarks:  item #A270265 I bought in 11W.  They are too narrow. If I wear them for any length of time I get foot cramps because they are so small and narrow. Item#A223884 fit me like a glove.  I have been waiting for the black patent to come back into stock because the plain black are still a little too casual for my job.   Item #A201842, I just today received these in 11W and it prompted my rant because they are so huge they are flopping off my feet, literally I'm walking out of them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

good luck.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval