Honored Contributor

Re: Shoulder/Crossbody/Crook of Your Arm - What's your favorite?

I love a crossbody to keep my hands free.

I also love a shoulder bag - but it has to fall above my hip and fit comfortably under my arm.

For evening or dressy occasions, I always carry a clutch.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of a bag that I have to carry in the crook of my arm. It's uncomfortable to me.

I don't like when they put a short handle and then that long strap on bags either. I'm really picky - LOL

Super Contributor

I LOVE shoulder bags for the convenience of having both hands free however.......after developing increasing arthritic pain in my shoulder (aggravated by carrying a heavy bag) I have switched to the SATCHEL bag and carry it in the crook of my arm.

Super Contributor

Usually shoulder bag, a cross body if I am traveling or in high shopping mode.....only use clutch or crook bag rarely for dressier events.......
Honored Contributor

I like a convertible shoulder/cross body bag. Love being hands free under certain situations. I think a handle or crook of arm is nice for going out to dinner ...but seriously for shopping? It's a PITA or I should say pain in the arm to schlep a heavy bag around when going from store to store.

Just recently I went out to lunch with a friend and had a bag with me that had short handles. Unexpectedly there was a craft show going on nearby so we went. By the end of the afternoon my arm was killing me!...so many times bags with short handles while cute can be very impractical for me...much like a lot of Dooney bags. They are attractive but I also don't care for the hard construction of many of them.

Honored Contributor

Have always preferred shoulder bags with medium width straps, and I like for them to fit right under my arm. However, since I retired, I have found that I hate carrying a handbag, and have started carrying a wristlet when I go out. Since I don't leave the house that often, I only need my drivers license, debit card, and some cash.

Esteemed Contributor

I only carry crossbody handbags.