Respected Contributor

stevie: I love the Bristol. It's one of my favorite Dooney styles. I only have 2 colors in Bristol... ocean blue and violet, but I will have more. I think the grey is stunning and I'm lusting after the crimson. I saw a picture of a crimson Florentine handbag (different style) and the leather color was amazing. Dooney has a lot of colors that are very similar. Over the years I've accumulated Bordeaux, Aubergine, Plum, Crimson, Wine, Cranberry, and a few others.... unless you are in natural light some of them are hard to tell apart. Now I need to go check out the Bristol...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

Thanks LJ and I'll take your suggestions under advisement, as they say... I've not been really coveting a grey bag, but it IS pretty in this silhouette... Of course, it might help if the video they're using included more than three color options and if the photo of the models carrying the bag actually had them carrying the RIGHT bag (they're carrying the Clayton...) but I'm really torn on this one. I think I can rule out the chestnut and I'll consider the crimson, but I really don't want it to even remotely play 'red'... The bone is very pretty in this bag, but I guess my conundrum is that I want the bag but none of these colors is calling to me. At this price though, I don't want to let it go!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Lol, Stevie, I just woke up, turned my tv on, and bone is gone!!! I am tempted to give it a try, and decide whether to keep this one or the second logo lock I got, but I agree - it's hard to decide on the color.... someone on FB posted their pic of the purple bag under a pic posted by Sue, in case you want to see a more real life view. .....actually, after looking at that pic again, I don't think I like that embossed leather at all.... not worth the hassle of ordering and sending back....
Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 tough_kitty said: Lol, Stevie, I just woke up, turned my tv on, and bone is gone!!! I am tempted to give it a try, and decide whether to keep this one or the second logo lock I got, but I agree - it's hard to decide on the color.... someone on FB posted their pic of the purple bag under a pic posted by Sue, in case you want to see a more real life view.

It's a pretty bag, but my advice to you would be to simply keep the Logo Lock. I don't know why, but something tells me, though I could surely be wrong, that you aren't going to love this bag... You've already said you don't like the coated leather, and you've said before you don't like Saffiano. Sue said last night that this bag takes Saffiano to the next level, and not that I'm one to hang on her every word... at all..., but it is clearly a coated leather bag. Personally, I like coated leather, and am sorely tempted by the taupe, which I think is beautiful, but I'm holding firm on this one. I have two Chelsea's and like them, but the center zip compartment really limits how much I can stuff into bags that have them and even though I'm trying to 'travel lighter' these days, well, like I said, I hope to see them use this leather in other bags...

Valued Contributor
Stevie, I think this bag has a wider based compared to the Chelsea bags you have?? So you might be able to load it as you please Smiley Happy I actually like the zip compartment. I heard Sue last night but not sure her statement is accurate. What does it even mean?? Anyway, gotta go get ready for my Zumba class..... I think you should order the taupe while it's available and you can cancel your order by the end of the day if you change your mind.
Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 stevieb said:
On 11/15/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

Holy smokes! The Florentine Bristol is on Clearance at $299.00 with six EZ pays! Several colors, Crimson, which is similar to Bordeaux stevieb, included. So I ordered the Bristol in Marine, which technically is not a new purchase but a replacement for the one I received from Dooney.com that was defective and was sent back earlier this week. I can rationalize just about anything... Wink

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I knew it. I JUST KNEW it.

Only one, EEL...?

So far, anyway...

And don't try to obfuscate your latest NEW purchase with verbiage about crimson and Bordeaux...

Edith Eden Lily, HONESTLY...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Now, THAT said, weigh in quickly... I don't want crimson, I only want Bordeaux, but I have the grey, bone and chestnut in my cart trying to hold onto them. Which way do I turn... which way do I turn...? I'm only getting one and can't decide. I had the bone as-is in my cart yesterday, but I guess I waited too long and some other miserable @#$# so and so snapped it up right out from under me... I'm not a big fan of grey but it looks nice in this bag. Really, REALLY wish they had this one in Bordeaux of the new smoke color, but it is a good price. At this point, it actually costs less than the small domed buckle, which does actually offer the colors I want, but is a tad smaller... I'm relying on you, EEL, give me a sign...

Wink

Oh brother and all that with the busting, stevieb!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Just got home from my morning with Mom...

Okay, Bristol strategy: I've seen a lot of Florentine bags at the outlet store, and it seems that the lighter colored ones show the scratches more than the darker ones (that's why I chose the Marine, which is the darkest navy). Also, if you choose a NEW color that's not in the video, it's likely to be a NEW bag, wrapped and all and not a return, unwrapped in the blue sack. Remember the Bone is super yellow -- I thought you didn't like Bone. Grey is a new color, but I saw some grey bags at the outlet store that were scratched because it's a lighter color. Chestnut, while not a new color, is gorgeous and I have it. Crimson, like LJ said, is in the family of similar colors to Bordeaux. I did receive a Crimson bag once that had variations in color on it -- some people like it, some don't, so keep this in mind if you're considering Crimson. Do you like Marine? That would be a good choice. Whatever you choose, pick medium to dark on the color to minimize the scratched look. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you choose.

And my middle name is Ellen, not Eden (are you preaching to me???)!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Can't believe I typed Eden... Too funny... But yes, I was preaching to you...

Thanks for your input, but alas they're all gone now... I either blew it big time or dodged a bullet, but none of the colors was really what I wanted so I didn't order. The problem is I'm just not sure this bag comes in a color I love, so at some point, if I want it, I'm going to have to make a choice and, of course, at this point my opportunity to grab one on EP at the Q's clearance price is limited to denim, which I do NOT want at all...

Oh well...

I guess it's a monthly special or the 12 Days for me and Bristol...

Wink

Honored Contributor

So that sort of settles it... Dooney offers this one in t'moro and I've long wanted to add something in t'moro, so I'll have to hope I catch a sale there... Had I known, I might have availed myself of the 20% off sale earlier this week, but there's still the matter of EP... Wish the heck they'd have not done away with their own version of it, and I've always suspected QVC had a hand in it...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 stevieb said:

So that sort of settles it... Dooney offers this one in t'moro and I've long wanted to add something in t'moro, so I'll have to hope I catch a sale there... Had I known, I might have availed myself of the 20% off sale earlier this week, but there's still the matter of EP... Wish the heck they'd have not done away with their own version of it, and I've always suspected QVC had a hand in it...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} !!! I forgot that the Bristol comes in t'moro on Dooney.com!!! Hope you can get it on sale at some point, stevieb! With the amount of gold hardware, the t'moro looks even more rich.

I missed the last half of the first Dooney show and all of the second but arrived home in time to catch the last one. I was surprised there were no Dooney shows today (Sunday).

We'll have to keep an eye on the Bristol on Dooney.com, because if it went on clearance on the Q, the bag might be being discontinued. Let's hope it's offered for sale on the 12 Days of Dooney!!!

Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

stevie: I love the Bristol. It's one of my favorite Dooney styles. I only have 2 colors in Bristol... ocean blue and violet, but I will have more. I think the grey is stunning and I'm lusting after the crimson. I saw a picture of a crimson Florentine handbag (different style) and the leather color was amazing. Dooney has a lot of colors that are very similar. Over the years I've accumulated Bordeaux, Aubergine, Plum, Crimson, Wine, Cranberry, and a few others.... unless you are in natural light some of them are hard to tell apart. Now I need to go check out the Bristol...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Hi LJ!!! Did you choose a Bristol yesterday? If so, which color? Just wondering, EEL Smile