Esteemed Contributor

SKECHERS Performance On-The-Go 400 - Tropical sandal

Ugh, wouldn't you know it, my first day on a trip and I developed blisters on the bottom of my right foot. So on day 2 I bought these Skecher sandals with the Goga mat footbed in  the gray print in a size 8M and I'll be wearing them for the rest of my trip.

SKECHERS Performance On-The-Go 400 - Tropical

They were $35 U.S. and I did buy them at Macy's. I'm surprised that QVC does not have these either.

They are a bit long on me but I need the width. The soft fabric knit straps hold my feet in place without slipping.

I can't post a pix but you can google them.

Respected Contributor

Re: SKECHERS Performance On-The-Go 400 - Tropical sandal

I like them..Do they stay on your feet?  I bought a similiar pair but not gogo mat and I have to shuffle my feet to stay in them.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I like them..Do they stay on your feet?  I bought a similiar pair but not gogo mat and I have to shuffle my feet to stay in them.

Yes, I like the sandals. I tried on the size 7 and size 8 and bought the size 8 sandals. I have a wider forefoot so if my foot were narrower, I would have go e with the size 7. I walked quite a bit in them yesterday afternoon and evening and I was good even with the bandaids on my heel blister and under my big toe. I'm in Las Vegas on vacation and you pretty much walk everywhere on the strip.I didn't have a problem with the straps at all yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

A second review on the Skechers Performance sandals with the cross over straps. I did start to develop blisters on the top of my left foot where the fabric strap was starting to rub the top of my foot. The fabric is soft like t shirt material so I think it's also that I have bad luck as I developed blisters from 3 pair of comfort shoes - a pair of Skecher Parallel open back sandals, a pair of Naturalizer ballet flats, and these sandals. So the next time I go to Las Vegas where you do a ton of walking, I will also remember to bring a box of bandaids as I went through a lot of them covering my blisters.

I will say that I didn't develop blisters on the bottom of my feet from these sandals though. I do think that after wearing them for 3 days non stop that they started to look beat up at the top of the right sandal as I stubbed it a couple of times. Like I said before, I would have gone down a size to the 7 but I needed the 8 for the width and they were a bit too long.

Honored Contributor

They are cute but I couldn't wear them.  They'd be difficult for me to keep on and not give me enough support.

I like to hear when people get things they really like, especially shoes as I am a shoe "freak".

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

They are cute but I couldn't wear them.  They'd be difficult for me to keep on and not give me enough support.

I like to hear when people get things they really like, especially shoes as I am a shoe "freak".

I think the fabric cross over straps have loosened up a bit so that I wish I had gone with a size 7 instead of a size 8 in these Skecher sandals. While they are comfortable I think the size 8 feels too long now. I will keep them for my next trip to Vegas and wear them at home but I don't plan to wear them anywhere else as I think these sandals are kind of ugly looking when they get dirty.