Esteemed Contributor

Ryka vs Sketcher Go walks.....

I am 60 and a fan of the Go walks especially for our yearly trip to Disney World with granddaughter and family. I was looking at TSV and was wondering how they compare to the Go walks since I think they are a cute shoe.

Anyone recommend the Ryka's for comfort especially walking around Disney? Do they have good cushioning ?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Ryka vs Sketcher Go walks.....

I prefer Rykas, when they fit. I've had size issues lately with them. But I've found the Go Walks have no support. I tried 2 pairs. One caused a blister because of a flaw in the padding. The other was better, but after walking half an hour my feet were tired and hot. 

Personally, the Best shoes I've found for summer travel are the Clarks and Ryka  fisherman sandals. I have somewhat narrow feet and I'm over 60.  

Respected Contributor

I'm a big fan of Skechers Go Walks too. I have bought Ryka in the past and they were comfortable but I thought the Go Walks were more comfortable.  I do see this TSV Ryka have a couple different inserts and the price seems good. So they might be worth trying. By the way there is a Skechers TSV coming up in the middle of May for Go Walk slip-ons. 

Respected Contributor

Ryka is my go-to walking shoe. I had a pair of Sketchers Go Walks a few years ago, but they really hurt my feet after wearing them around the house for a few hours. I can wear Rykas right out of the box with sneaker sox for my daily 2 mile walks with my husband. I never have problems with rubbing or squished toes. Lately, I've found that I have to order size 9M instead of my usual size 8.5M. I'm not sure if my feet have spread out or if Ryka's changed its sizing, but the 9 works a little bit better for me now. Also, if this particular style is like Ryka's other mesh sneakers, they're very lightweight and the mesh really breathes - great for walking around Disney!

Honored Contributor

I've had many pairs of Rykas over the years and 4 or 5 pairs of Go Walks.  I don't think either gives much support.  When I'm going to be on my feet, I've got some Alegria Oxford types which give great support and are very comfortable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Skechers Gowalks are my Go to's.  I don't own any Ryka's so I obviously cannot compare but I know my Gowalks.  They are what I wear all the time.

Super Contributor

I bought the Ryka tsv a few ago. They were ok. I walk 4 miles or so a day and they were horrible after a month.  They are a pretty color pink though so I wear them to run errands that don't require much walking/support.  Won't buy any more. Btw, those they promoted as good for running....... Not!

Super Contributor

I just ordered these darling teal Rykas. I wore them for half an hour, but they were not comfortable. I sent them right back. I have better luck with Sketchers, the ones with the yoga mat type insole. NOT the memory foam. I bought a great pair at a local store.

Frequent Contributor

I got the TSV from Ryka because Skechers Go-Walks just don't do it for me. I walk every morning with my husband and we do at least 2.5 miles and the Go-Walks just give me the support of my older Rykas. I think it just what work for you.  I wear a lot of other Skechers. I like their slip-ons with bungee cords.

Regular Contributor

The GoWalks don't give me enough support although I know many people who love them.  I do a lot of walking and I have done thousands of miles in the Ryka fisherman sandals. I just ordered the new style and will see how they compare to the older style which I practically lived in last summer.  I like them so much more than sneakers because my toes always seem to hit the top or the front of sneakers afer a while.