Respected Contributor

Got to say, I wish Dooney's dust covers were like the Roma's. That dust cover reminds me of the ones Coach used to do. I have an older Coach bag that had a dark brown dust cover just like this. My new Coach bags have these cream satin ones.

Deb

Respected Contributor

I agree. I am pretty sure that the only way you get the flannel dust cover from Dooney these days is to buy one of the Altos.

I also find the color palette that Dooney uses to be a little jarring. Every time I see one of those giant Florentine Clayton satchels in the saturated pink or violet it seems like it doesn't really match the aesthetic of the bag. I guess that in my older age (sigh) I prefer more powdery undertones in colored bags, like the Roma 2 blush.

Honored Contributor

The Gili dust cover is very nice, Dooney's much less so and I really dislike those slippery Coach covers...

And FS, probably not a popular opinion around here, I know, but I'm with you on many of the Dooney colors. In theory, they're pretty colors, but I wouldn't want to carry most of them. Although I've picked up a few of their colors along the way that I enjoy, and some colored bags from other lines too, but more times than not I most enjoy the range of neutrals.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I'm impressed with my new Roma 2 all the way around. My ivory didn't need a day of training, she is soft, turns in for the "A" line and the tassel doesn't shed. The dust bag is outstanding.

The last two DBs I bought had NO dustcover. I bought them from the website. When I called to ask why I was told that they only do the blue and only with some bags. When I pay about $300 for a bag I want a dust cover.

The Roma 2 is my bag forever!