Respected Contributor

I am starting to like some of the Earth brand shoes that they have been showing, however, about a year ago I bought a pair and the padding in the arch was as hard as a rock.   It felt like I had a really hard lump under my arch (and I have high arches)  Is this normal, or did I get a bad pair?  Would love to order a different style but want to get some feedback about that arch support.

Honored Contributor

From my experience the arch feeling more firm depends on the style. For me it seemed the higher the heel the firmer the arch. I did get used to the arch and the shoes are very comfortable for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried on some of this brand at DSW and have not been impressed with the quality for the price.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the boot style Earth brand and the Origins line for the shoes and sandles. I also like the Clarks and Ryka but the last two years have been hit and miss with those two brans for me. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your feedback.  I think I will stick with my Aerosoles which I love.

Respected Contributor

I have bought two pairs of this brand from QVC.  My opinion is that the shoes are comfortable enough to wear around the house, but not comfortable enought to wear to work.  I work in retail and am on my feet with only short breaks during the day.  Earth Brands do NOT offer good support for long periods,  IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of pairs of Earth Origins shoes that I bought at Winners in Canada and those shoes used to be sold on QVC. I do find that the removable insole is like an orthotic one, it's harder than other brands of shoes with removable footbeds except Vionic. I think a lot of brands are trying to copy Vionic and I've seen some insoles in Hush Puppies shoes that have that harder insole.

If you find the insole too hard, try taking out the insole and replacing it with a softer one or take the insole out and pound it with a rubber mallet to soften it.